Nutro

piper

I know there were a fair few people feeding Nutro and were very disappointed when it was no longer available. Well I just received this email and thought I would share:

<H1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #5F6876 1.5pt; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 2.0pt 0cm">Nutro - back on the Market and available at Pookinuk!</H1>

Nutro-adlt-lg-breed-lg.jpg

Great News - Nutro is back on the market, and this time it's made in Australia! Thats right, there is now a Super Premium Pet Food that is manufactured right here in Australia. Check out the range, another top quality product available for you at Pookinuk.

More

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sags, fair enough. I'll have to look at the ingredients list etc. before I decide to try some.

The webpage that sent the advertising email for it has this up about it (no detailed ingredient list unfortunately):

NATURAL CHOICE Lamb & Rice Formula is formulated to provide 100% complete and balanced nutrition, including all the essential vitamins and minerals your dog needs for a strong immune system, and overall good health.

NATURALCHOICE does not use chicken heads, feet or intestines, which may be found in products that contain chicken by-product meal. Like all NATURAL CHOICE products, this formula contains no ground yellow corn. We use highly digestible rice, lamb protein and high levels of linoleic acid for healthy skin and coat, and strong muscles. NATURAL CHOICE Lamb & Rice Formula provides the premium nutrition your dog deserves for a healthy, happy and long life. High Quality Lamb Protein

High quality real lamb protein for muscle development and body maintenance. Fewer ingredients mean less opportunity for digestive upset. Rice is the Only Ceral Grain

A high quality carbohydrate thats so good for your dogs stamina and energy. Rice is the most digestible cereal grain. Natural Sources of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Building Blocks of Healthy Joints

Good nutrition is important for strong hips and healthy joints. Research shows that these two components found in lamb meal, help maintain healthy joint cartilage.Good Stool Quality

High digestibility means small compact stools for easy cleanup. That means more nutrition for your dog and less backyard cleanup.

Guaranteed to Improve Skin & Coat*

With high levels of linoleic acid, combined with other key vitamins and minerals, all the nutrition your dog needs for healthy skin and shiny coat.

Advanced Antioxidants for a Healthy Immune System

Using only the finest ingredients, NATURAL CHOICE Lamb & Rice Formula contains what your dog needs to stay healthy and happy. Its 100% complete nutrition so theres no need to add supplements.

Natural Ingredients with Added Vitamins, Minerals and Taurine

Vitamin E keeps every nutritious bit of NATURAL CHOICE Lamb & Rice Formula in perfect condition without synthetic preservatives.

MMM packaging is the same BUT ingredients?

Sags, if and when you get a chance, can you please send details of what you know?

We fed Nutro for nearly eight years and were very happy with the US product but this could be a completely new ballgame :(

We have been feeding Artemis since the beginning of the month and are very happy having tried Orijen and Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance which didn't agree with ours.

We keep Ziwipeak as a backup :(

I hope it turns out to be decent. I used to feed Nutro and the dogs did really well on it. They mainly get a raw diet now but it's nice to have a back up food. Will be interested to hear what you have to say about it Sags when you get the chance. (No rush! :( )

It would be interesting to see the ingredients of Chicken, Oatmeal and Rice (I think that is the old Sensitive?) listed, as well as Light.

My suggestion to anyone who used Nutro is to formulate a list of their important questions (for me it is things like meat content (which Nutro used to state), why the inclusion of "corn protein" in some products) and regarding sodium levels), and send them to Masterfoods for a response.

There will apparently be samples available to some stores, in some areas, so again, may be worth asking direct for some.

Happy to answer pms.

Sags

I, too will be anxious to see what the Aus produced Nutro is like. I was very happy with the original Lamb and Rice and the dogs did really well on it and loved the taste.

After that we moved to ProPlan Selects Lamb and Oats, but now that is also no longer being imported into Australia (apparently it wasn't too popular)

They're currently on the ProPlan Salmon - they seem to love that as well, but I can't stand the fishy smell.

I was given a bag of the lamb adult food tonight by my SIL who works for masterfoods. Had no idea it was back (so to speak) until she gave me that bag! I'll see what other info she finds out through work.

SilverHaze, was there no list of ingredients on the bag?