Dean Rankin?

Just from looking through Google it appears that this is an audio course that you pay for and download.

Many comments from people about how they have been ripped off.

Other comments from people about how the "secrets" are just standard training techniques.

IMO, you would be far better off spending your money on face to face obedience classes.

I have been getting the emails too after I showed some interest in his product. He is now offering two books for free if I do a reveiw on his methods. I havent answered as I dont want to encourage more emails.

I would be interested if anybody has seen what he is selling.

Cheers Netti

Another guy called Adam Katz was flogging his "secret training method" which many gullible people purchased. Let me just say this guys, there are many fantastic trainers right here in Australia that can give you world class results. Don't waste your hard earned money buying up crap from other countries, get off your bum and go and train with someone who can show you results on the spot and so YOU can take that away with you.

Edited by Herr Rottweiler

I have had many emails from this guy & I haven't replied once, if he is that good why is he bombarding people with emails??? also he writes silly stuff in his emails about Amstaffs (SOMEHOW HE KNOWS i HAVE AN AMSTAFF & HE KNOWS HER NAME IS mALLEE - HE NEVER MENTIONS MY OTHER XBREED DOG - DOES HE GET DETAILS OF THE REGISTER???- sorry, not yelling I just accidently hit Caps Lock!!)

He says thaings about Amstaffs being hard to train & he has the 'secret' to unlocking Mallee's obedience - oooooooooh pleeeease!!!! :rofl: He refers to the difficulties I must have toilet training Mallee, however Mallee is an inside dog & we have never had a problem toilet training her - so I decided then he had nothing to offer me.

obviously he's a member of this list and he's getting your email address from your card. If he's so confident of his abilities, ask him to unlock the secrets for you as a test case for free and that you will promote his techniques if you get results. quid pro quo

I know someone who got a similar e.mail form OS ( not sure if it was the same fellow) this person has had 6x UD/TD dogs and was going to try for endurance with dog number 6 so was doing some research on endurance and such...he got her e.mail from a book mailing list. He said something about her no 6 dog breed being hard to train too :) THis dog was UD by this time :( She offered to "review" his product if he sent it free of charge and publish the review for him....never heard from him again. :D

Edited by Alpha

These people are pure charlotans! The USA is swarming with people who get rich by deceptive measures simply by using fancy words and using the words, 'secrets' in their phrases. People feel so compelled to find out what it's all about that they will spend the money only to find that a trainer 30 minutes away from them in Australia could give them 10 times more.

Of course this is not limited to the USA as Australia has many shonky BS artists doing the same here.

Just remember guys, a million dollar vocabulary does not make a great dog trainer, or for that matter, even a good one.

• 8 months later...

After reading some of the messages on this link..I tried to get my 'guarenteed refund'. I sent 9 emails and they were all returned as the server didnt recognise the address....so I contacted the bank. Here's what they sent to me.

And yes....Ive got my refund!!!!

TO GET A REFUND, simply forward the receipt you received immediately after ordering to: [email protected].

If you're having trouble finding the receipt, simply go to: http://www.clickbank.com/cs and fill out the ClickBank Customer Service Request form provided. For question #7, select " I would like to request a refund for this product" from the drop down menu. After the form is completed, click on the "Submit Request" button at the bottom.

ClickBank will email you a refund confirmation within 1-2 business days.

Im getting my puppy in about 3 weeks...but I dont think I'll be using the Dean Rankin course. By the looks of what Ive already seen from the downloads..its no different from books on training you'd get at a library or book shop. A lot of what he writes is just plain common sense. I think I'll go for the puppy classes locally instead.

But I will do a write up...if this helps others make up their mind as to whether they want to go for it or not.

But I'd suggest not to waste your money.

It seems Dean Rankin has the same reply for any breeds cos he also has the secret for training them too!

But while on the subject of training programs I was wondering if anyone has any info about Master dog Breeders. It sounds good, and I have been tempted to join, but when I looked at the members courses & books etc, they seem very expensive and I wonder if its just another rip off.

Hello all,

If you look Dean Rankin up on the internet, you will discover that he is a mass marketer and a fraud. Many people have lost money with his "dog training" guide and most people are still waiting for refunds and replies.

A quality trainer will not take your money over the internet for information that is also provided for free through websites from registered breeders and books that you can get from a library.

Save your money...I did.