Vitamin Supplements To Aid Fertility Rate

toydogs

Hi, just wondering if any breeders would know what to give bitches in supplements to increase fertility when mating?

someone said a few years ago on this forum about the benefits of raspberry leaf and i tried it and i obtained good results from that. so now i was wondering if anyone can give me suggestions of what to try, i read that Steve said something about increasing hormonal activity with raw meat will give that a try.

I will be researching it but just wondering if anyone could put me on the right track

thanks

SANRITA CHIHUAHUA KENNEL

To help with fertility, the bitch requires an excellent diet in the lead up, I feed Barf, a completely naturaL diet with no preservative foods. If you have Chi's you need to increase your bitches diet in Carbs (eg..oats, brown rice, pasta, ) in the last trimester to prevent hypoglyceamia, carbs also help with the delivery too :laugh:

Vit E, Vit C, Zinc, flax seed oil, Apple cider vinegar, kelp will all help with fertility, and anything that stimulates the Pituitary gland will help no end, as this regulates all the sex hormones.

AVOID cod liver oil at all costs in a pregnant bitch, it causes birth defects in the first Trimester!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I supplement with Folic Acid about 3 months before they come in season & feed it all through the pregnancy. This helps prevent neural tube defects.

Rasberry Leaf will help with the toning of the uterus, and help with the birth & also stimulate milk supply after whelping.

I have a programe here from a Vet that is a show person/breeder themselves. This is for bitches that continually have problems concieving, and I do know it has been effective, you could ask your own Vet about it if you are actually having fertility issues.

This was for a 8kg dog

Metrogyl (Flagyl)200 tablets , 1/2 tablet once daily, day 10 - 35

Aspirin 100mg tablets 1/4 tablet once daily, day 10 -35

Vitamin K - 1/2 tablet once every THREE days, day 10 to partuition.

Valu Plus Vit and Min supplement daily

Acidophilus

No chicken - only beef.

Edited by Cavandra

thanks for that, that was a very informative post!

yes we had lots of trouble with bitches whelping and had C-S's for 5 or 6 years I was convinced it was the bloodlines i'd used it was a large mixture, then i tried the raspberry leaf and we had a natural birth. yay! so i am hoping that might continue.

all that you said at the start of your post we used to use years ago, this is going back 20 years or so and we never had a prob. with bitches whelping then changed their diet, so i went back to all that again including lots of exercise as well and it helped a great deal i believe myself. so we will be continuing that program.

thanks for that info. wonderful!

further to this, was researching various vitamins and apparently Evening primrose oil is the go to increase fertility, flaxseed oil is more aiding the male reproductive system although it does have some benefits for the female. still researching quite interesting