Chicken Mince - Cooked Or Raw?

pomquest

Hi.....Could I please get some opinions on feeding Chicken Mince? Is is preferable to feed it raw or is lightly steamed ok? Am I treating my dogs too much like humans because I would rather feed it cooked? And what about Beef Mince? For some reason I am quite happy to feed Beef raw but not Chicken...... :)

Hi.....Could I please get some opinions on feeding Chicken Mince? Is is preferable to feed it raw or is lightly steamed ok? Am I treating my dogs too much like humans because I would rather feed it cooked? And what about Beef Mince? For some reason I am quite happy to feed Beef raw but not Chicken...... :)

I suppose everyone will have a different opinion pomquest but I am a fan of the Dr Billinghurst raw diet and I would say raw for everything. I suggest you also feed raw chicken wings, even if only the tips to your pom. They have notoriously bad teeth and this will help keep them clean, prevent gingivitis etc...

Guest kitakins

if your dogs can handle raw, feed raw. if you dogs cant handle raw, dont feed raw. pretty much do whatever works. :) i personally cook my mince as my dog just cant handle raw. hardcore raw feeders would say im doing her a disservice but id rather give her cooked mince than have vomit and diarrhea all over the place.

definately raw..... Cooking the chicken takes all the goodness out of it.. Sometimes if the poms get fussy as they do, I will cook it, but through it, I put some extra biolac, some performace oil, molasses etc, just to put back in what has been 'cooked out'..

But like said above, watch the tiny bones in it :rofl: unless you get the human grade chicken mince.

Edited by Roxiekda

Thanks everyone for your input. I have decided to try the BARF diet as I hear so many good things about it. They had their first meal of the chicken flavoured patties last night and they scoffed it down. A good start for fussy Poms. :rofl: