Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Mast Cell Cancer - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Mast Cell Cancer Ollie's story

#31 User is offline   cavNrott 

• My beloved Sophie R.I.P
  • State:VIC

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Fantastic news about Ollie's leg, Jodie. It's great to see him having fun.

#32 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy
  • State:NSW

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

Thanks Anne, he had a ball - I am hoping OH comes with me again this Sunday because Ollie seems to have so much more fun when we are all there.

I think the leaves crunching under is feet help, he seems to enjoy that. He tries to catch them when they fall off the tree sometimes.

#33 User is offline   gemstone 

• Forum Regular

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

Hi Staffyluv
just been reading Ollies thread - what a trooper!!
hope he's doing ok

#34 User is offline   cavNrott 

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

Jodie, how is Ollie going? Any probs with the leg?

#35 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hi,

Nope, his leg has settled right down (vet can't believe it, this dog continues to amaze everyone) - but I don't allow him to run anymore. Occasionally he gets a little trot up at the park and I woo him up, saying no running old man...

He is doing as well as can be expected.

His best times are mornings and late afternoon (feed times ;) ). But he mostly sleeps the best part of the day away these days.

He looks well enough but the vet thinks that the cancer has a good hold on his stomach now because of the size of the tumours in there - we are just playing a waiting game and both of us are happy to wait as long as it takes.

#36 User is offline   dogbesotted 

• Dog Owner / Maremma Addict
  • State:QLD

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

Jodie,

You know that Ollie is always close in my heart.....; every time i look at Lucinda I send Ollie Dog a little prayer. Glad the leg is holding up... so is Dennys Dog who has an ACL problem which my vet felt needed surgery we are playing the waiting game with him .
Lucinda had a problem as well some years ago.. he leg was so bad that you could hear loud clicking as she walked. With rest and supplements she developed a callus there as did not require any surgical intervention.

Sending extra positive thoughts Ollies way.

Hugs to you and tummy tickles to Ollie

H

#37 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Ollie's leg is great (touch wood) and it only seems to bother him a bit when he has been sleeping for a while and then gets up - it is a bit stiff.

He is doing really well at the moment. He just celebrated his 11th birthday on the 12 June - a date that no doctor thought he would see.

I have noticed him of a morning or when he has had a long sleep - he seems to be very stiff when he gets up. So I am taking him, for a checkup this week and hopefully he can have another round of cartrophen injections to help with that. I am changing his Vit C to ester C when it comes in to see if that makes any difference. He is already on fish oil and glucosamine tablets.

Cheers
J

#38 User is offline   cavNrott 

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

View PostStaffyluv, on 15th Jun 2008 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ollie's leg is great (touch wood) and it only seems to bother him a bit when he has been sleeping for a while and then gets up - it is a bit stiff.

He is doing really well at the moment. He just celebrated his 11th birthday on the 12 June - a date that no doctor thought he would see.

I have noticed him of a morning or when he has had a long sleep - he seems to be very stiff when he gets up. So I am taking him, for a checkup this week and hopefully he can have another round of cartrophen injections to help with that. I am changing his Vit C to ester C when it comes in to see if that makes any difference. He is already on fish oil and glucosamine tablets.

Jodie that's great news that his leg isn't bothering him. He's probably got a bit of arthritis causing the stiffness in him. Hope the Cartrophen helps. He's a bit of a legend, the Ollie boy isn't he?

I hope the dear boy continues to do well. It's a great feeling when they reach a birthday the experts predicted they would never see.

#39 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Anne, he is a legend to me...

I never thought I would get this attached to an animal because I am such a logical person (being an Accountant and all). Normally my emotions don't get the better of me. I have even managed to separate from my alcoholic OH without too much drama or emotion (well not as much as most people seem to go through).

He is well enough in himself - I notice if he does not get his walk one day that he seems to be 'depressed' - not wanting to put human emotions on a dog but that is what it seems like. He just gets flat and does not try to play.

Have not had a chance to get him to the vet this week - the whole week has just slipped by. Will call them today because I just want him checked out again...

I am so proud of the little guy, he is such a battler that just seems to keep going. Bless him.

Give the girl a bug hug from me

Cheers
J

#40 User is offline   Clyde 

• Quacking Mad

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

He certainly is a battler!! Ollie is an INSPIRATION, and you are too Jodi. Amazing, the power of love and inner strength :thumbsup:

#41 User is offline   gemstone 

• Forum Regular

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

wondering how Ollie was doing... hope you both had a good day :D

#42 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for asking, the old man is just fine.

He toddles off on his morning walk, comes home and has breakfast (a bit of my porridge this morning) with his mountain of meds, which are mostly vitamins etc, and then goes out to my office and falls asleep until lunch time.

Lunch is some carafate and milk thistle with a dentastick to keep his teeth good (he can't seem to chew up anything harder than this now). Then he sleeps again until dinner time... More meds, meat and veg then he has a play with the boys. Then more meds with some yoghurt at 9pm then off to bed...

His life is like groundhog day :laugh: - same thing over and over but he is happy enough and still well with no pain.. That is the main thing.

#43 User is offline   Mooper 

• we miss you, jack

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

He was a mighty happy lad last time I saw him :p

Couldn't decide between the ladies in the dining room/bar or the blokes watching State of Origin, so he tarted himself all over the place :laugh:

#44 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

View PostMooper, on 10th Jul 2008 - 06:13 PM, said:

He was a mighty happy lad last time I saw him :rofl:

Couldn't decide between the ladies in the dining room/bar or the blokes watching State of Origin, so he tarted himself all over the place :laugh:

Thats my boy....

I am glad he is not a female - he would have a shocking reputation :(

#45 User is offline   peibe 

• Forum Regular

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

So nice to read that Ollie is still having a ball

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions