Liberty Dog Dryer

Does anyone know where in Brisbane I can buy a liberty dryer? I want one today not in 3-4 weeks time if possible.

I did order another brand and was told it would take 4-5 weeks before I would get it and now 9 weeks later it still hasn't arrived and they cant find my order..

So I want to be able to just go and buy one

Edited as (CSFS)

Edited by storm

Any particular reason for a Liberty? And which one, Ultraforce or Stand?

Personally, I don't like the Liberty stand dryers one little bit. Too much noise for too little performance for too big a price tag for my liking.

I made the mistake of selling my old Beacon stand dryer and replacing it with a Liberty stand dryer. Had it for a short time and promptly sold it again. For some time I was drying American Cockers with the Ultraforce to blow the water out of the coat and finishing with a human blow dryer.

Have just taken the plunge and purchased a new model Beacon and am thrilled with it. Took exactly 4 days from the time I paid for it via internet transfer for it to arrive from Melbourne. :)

Editing to add: Classic Show Supplies would possibly be able to help you with whatever you're after although I'm not sure where they are located, apart from in Qld. Website is here.

Edited by ellz

Was looking at liberty mk3 as they seemed to be the best for drying a puli need something to really get the cords dry.

I did order a different brand that my old groomer used but never arrived, so went back to the second option

Thanks for the link

Edited by storm

Another option for you might be the Melbourne Dog Centre Turbojet series. They're pretty darned good too. I'd go for one of those in preference to Liberty. They're noisy but they DO have the puff to go with it!!

Another option for you might be the Melbourne Dog Centre Turbojet series. They're pretty darned good too. I'd go for one of those in preference to Liberty. They're noisy but they DO have the puff to go with it!!

That was what I ordered first @ nearly $1600 delivered

Edited by storm

Pricey but a good dryer.

I wasn't overly impressed with the service of MDC I'm afraid. Not only did they take ages to answer enquiries but the replies weren't all that helpful to boot. And like you, I was intending to spend quite a bit of money.

:)

To my knowledge the Beacon is a fluff dryer not a forced air dryer. You need to look at what type of drying you need.

Yes, we're aware of that. Thanks.

I know what my needs are having had my breed since 1986. I was merely offering suggestions as to other suitable dryers based upon the OPs requirements.

The Liberty MK111 will dry a fully corded puli in around 2 hours versus around 7 hours for most other dryers. The noise is definitely worth the shortcut in drying time. Yes it is noisy and that is why it is important to get puppies used to it from an early age.

Have you tried www.classicshowsupplies.com.au

Thanks hopefully I will be able to pick on up today. Should have just got the liberty to start with.

My girls don't mind the dryer, thankfully

To my knowledge the Beacon is a fluff dryer not a forced air dryer. You need to look at what type of drying you need.

Yes, we're aware of that. Thanks.

I know what my needs are having had my breed since 1986. I was merely offering suggestions as to other suitable dryers based upon the OPs requirements.

It is important that people are aware of the various dryer types. If people are not aware then they may purchase a dryer that does not suit their needs. A Beacon or Simpson dryer would not be suitable for the comercial drying of large dogs, as they do not have the velocity of air flow to dry the coat quickly. All mobile dog wash operators that I know use forced air dryers.

When making comparisons regarding longivity and servicing the fluff dryers such as the Beacon will run for years with little or no maintenance. Forced air dryers have a brush life of around 500hrs and will require more servicing.

Ellz, yep hamilton is a bit out of suburbia, what kind of dogs do you have ? we have Daccies and Poodles :mad

I breed and show American Cockers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers and own a greyhound (GAP dog).