Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hi Guys, Im from Warrnambool too, I have never seen any of you guys around and Im always out and about with my four, I usually go to thunder point if its not to hot (snakes) Harris street although we dont usually go in the cage only to get a drink we usually just play about around the cage and down the back near the track that leads through to the woollen mill. We also go to Albert park, the friendlys and the brierly reserve. I do my training at Brierly. All mine are great with other dogs very well socialized and friendly although two of them bark a bit to begin with when meeting new dogs. I would definatly interested in a play date at some point and Im sure Shannon (Mawson) would be interested too. I mostly walk my lot mornings and evening as I work 4 afternoons a week. I would love to meet some other dog lovers in the area, I think it is great for the dogs also to be meeting different dogs as well.

I live on Garden street (near Brierly) but usually go to Killarney beach a few times a week with my lot. I normally go right to the end of the track off Mahoneys Rd, past the boat ramp to the end - hardly ever run into anyone there.

There is another vizsla breeder in Warrnambool (believe it or not!) and she sometimes goes to Killarney.

Anyone else get down there? Might be a good spot to meet some time.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live on Garden street (near Brierly) but usually go to Killarney beach a few times a week with my lot. I normally go right to the end of the track off Mahoneys Rd, past the boat ramp to the end - hardly ever run into anyone there.

There is another vizsla breeder in Warrnambool (believe it or not!) and she sometimes goes to Killarney.

Anyone else get down there? Might be a good spot to meet some time.

yep I know where you mean, it is great down there although I dont go there often, When we go to the beach we usually go to Ritchies point, but I think there is going to be a crack down on dogs there shortly, not enough people picking up after thier dogs and doing the right thing. I love it there cause it is so shallow and my lot will go in and swim where as in the surf they wont!! How wierd that thier is 2 Vizsla breeders In Warrnambool, I guess it is a big place, but unusual all the same. Anyway Im up for a beach meet.

I have never taken my guys to the beach.

Prob only because I dont trust there recall LOL.

I think the mutt would love it but the Ridgie would prob freak at the water.

jerojath, I live just around the corner from you (small world) small court off Whites rd.

You wouldn't have seen me around as I dont walk the pup (large breed and I dont like to walk him far) I take the mutt out for a walk along whites rd mortlake rd along the creek then up garden st. But he is not the sort of dog you would notice LOL.

Pandii and I meet at Harris st in the puppy yard, so no worry about dogs doing a runner and its a good (sort of) controlled area for a dog meet and greet.

Great to see there is a few DOLers in Warrnambool :laugh:

Would love to have a catch up.

Cheers Janet

I have never taken my guys to the beach.

Prob only because I dont trust there recall LOL.

I think the mutt would love it but the Ridgie would prob freak at the water.

jerojath, I live just around the corner from you (small world) small court off Whites rd.

You wouldn't have seen me around as I dont walk the pup (large breed and I dont like to walk him far) I take the mutt out for a walk along whites rd mortlake rd along the creek then up garden st. But he is not the sort of dog you would notice LOL.

Pandii and I meet at Harris st in the puppy yard, so no worry about dogs doing a runner and its a good (sort of) controlled area for a dog meet and greet.

Great to see there is a few DOLers in Warrnambool :love:

Would love to have a catch up.

Cheers Janet

It IS a small world - Until recently I lived just around the corner ON Whites Rd! :laugh:

I'm sure you've sen my dogs 'russet noses' watching you from under the gate!

Edited by jerojath

By the way, any Warrnambool DOLers have a large heated/unheated whelping box they might be prepared to hire out in May?

We built our last one but dismantled it when we were done because it was HUGE and a pain to store! I only have a litter every couple of years so can't justify buying one - especially as I move thm out into kennels quite young weather permitting.

Guest Pandii

HI ALL

TLC - I know mawson, her Mawson and my TY are the best of friends, I am happy to met for a beach run

HI ALL

TLC - I know mawson, her Mawson and my TY are the best of friends, I am happy to met for a beach run

Mawson is just so easy going, My oldest boy loves to play with him but is a little intimidated by his size :o I havent seen them at training for a couple of weeks.

For the guys that live in Garden street and Whites rd I just live around the corner behind the ABC child care centre!! Very small world!!

Do any of you come into Bunnings? Maybe Ive sold you some paint??

LOL I live at Bunnings I am always there getting stuff to make my frog tanks.

and have often spoken to people at the paint desk asking after pottable paint products.

You live around the corner as well. It truly is a small world. I am happy to take dogs for a walk with your guys any time (if they are friendly) My boys love any one that will pat them LOL.

Do you do your dog training with Patricia??????? At brierly?????

Its pouring rain here at the moment. Hope its not like this tomorrow for dog training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Janet

Hi, we'll be going ot warnambool easter week.. staying at allansford, burnbrow mansion.. actually going to portland but because the pet friendly accomodation fully booked so no choice..

Maybe we can meet up with you guys anytime that week? Have a male lab and a male cavalier..

we from geelong, btw..

tlc, your dogs are so cute...

Guest Pandii

Yes please remember crate, I need to put a little black pei girl in it for transport

I will be bringing my coat but hope the rain is goine

Tehanfamily, I am sure we can met up somewhere

LOL I live at Bunnings I am always there getting stuff to make my frog tanks.

and have often spoken to people at the paint desk asking after pottable paint products.

You live around the corner as well. It truly is a small world. I am happy to take dogs for a walk with your guys any time (if they are friendly) My boys love any one that will pat them LOL.

Do you do your dog training with Patricia??????? At brierly?????

Its pouring rain here at the moment. Hope its not like this tomorrow for dog training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Janet

Hi Yes I do my training with Patricia, I am one of her assistant trainers. You know her?? and yes my dogs are all very friendly, one would rather chase a ball than play with other dogs :laugh:

Hi, we'll be going ot warnambool easter week.. staying at allansford, burnbrow mansion.. actually going to portland but because the pet friendly accomodation fully booked so no choice..

Maybe we can meet up with you guys anytime that week? Have a male lab and a male cavalier..

we from geelong, btw..

tlc, your dogs are so cute...

Thanks so much!!

I have to work most of easter but if someone does organise a get together id try my best to come.

Hi tlc,

I havent met Patricia yet, but have spoken to her on the phone about getting some showing lessons.

Was meant to have them this week but she has been unwell the poor thing.

I was going to meet her tomorrow (Sunday) after your training session, but forgot that I am taking my mutt to Harris St for his training and that doesnt finish till 12ish. (I like the later start of Harris st training as Sunday is my only chance of a sleep in LOL)

I shall give her a call some time throughout the week.

I am the same about the easter get together. Not sure what I will be up to but if some one organises a get together I sahll try to get there.

Cheers Janet

Hi guys!!! tlc told me about this thread at training yesterday!! I haven't been on dol for a while and even when I have, I have been in the rescue thread, not social as nothing normally happens down this way!! That is so cool that there is so many of us in SW Victoria. I know Pandii and tlc, but may know some of the others cause W'bool is a small place!!

Pandii, are you fostering the little black pei from Peibe?? I was looking at that thread a few days ago!

Would love to meet up sometime, Mawson is cool with everyone (just watch for him pissing on your stuff, as of yesterday tlc's legs... sorry!), but my Migaloo is not very social. Can try her out with some chilled out dogs sometime, Pandii, she might be ok with Ty?? Def. not with Dante, I think and not sure about Sebbi.

Anyways, will keep an eye out on this thread!! :cheer:

Guest Pandii

Ty will met anyone, so no problems Mawson

Did you have any of the rspca pei pups at your training yesterday??

Black girl is only stopping here for a night, I am supposed to be taking her to met in colac on wednesday but now cant, you dont want to take her do you??

Black girl is only stopping here for a night, I am supposed to be taking her to met in colac on wednesday but now cant, you dont want to take her do you??

Pandii i am going through Colac on Thursday if that is any help, i have an appointment at Geelong Hospital so its not a pleasure drive :rainbowbridge:

Only thing is i would have to pick it up on Wednesday sometime..

Linda....