"give Me Space" Vest

Does anyone know where I'd get one? I'd like one for either me or Trixie to wear when obedience training around other dogs. I saw the one posted previously, but I don't like that it says "dog in training". I want one for her that says "Please give me space" or one for me that says "Please give my dog space".

Yeah some people are hopeless! A vest is a good idea though - much more visible, hopefully people will get the point.

Not that Zoe actually hurt another dog, but she is aggressive towards them and I wrote an extreme message in the hope that people would give us space.

Good luck getting people to listen to it when you find one!

I made a tag (to go on my shirt) when I was training Zoe that said "I BITE OTHER DOGS!" and people just laughed and ignored it!

I would have thought that was a joke too!!

"I bite other dogs" - I would have thought you were saying you bit other dogs.

I'd like to see you come up with a better idea Luke! :rolleyes:

It was in one of those name tag things (plastic sleeves) so not much space and I wanted it to be big enough to read from a decent distance and short enough to make a point!

But really, at a dog club, I thought it would be pretty obvious I was talking about my dog not being friendly with other dogs :thumbsup:

I'd like to see you come up with a better idea Luke! :rolleyes:

It was in one of those name tag things (plastic sleeves) so not much space and I wanted it to be big enough to read from a decent distance and short enough to make a point!

But really, at a dog club, I thought it would be pretty obvious I was talking about my dog not being friendly with other dogs :thumbsup:

You know those T-Shirts..

"I'm with Stupid" and an arrow?

Maybe a T-Shirt (black with big white letters) that says...

"Aggressive Dog - Stay away" and an arrow pointing down to the left ?

DOL member IBite (who I havent seen for aaaaages) had a shirt made for her dog with "I bite" written on it. People still read it and patted the dog though.

Are you in a group training class? If so, ask the instructor to tell the other handlers to keep a distance from your dog, and remind them of this each week.

For a shirt, you could get a plain one and use an iron on transfer to write what you want on it. (I did this to make rehoming coats for our foster dogs). There are sites that do printing and have dog coats in their stock, but I dont remember who they are. :thumbsup: A google search might come up with something

DOL member IBite (who I havent seen for aaaaages) had a shirt made for her dog with "I bite" written on it. People still read it and patted the dog though.

What's wrong with people?!!!

Are you in a group training class? If so, ask the instructor to tell the other handlers to keep a distance from your dog, and remind them of this each week.

I've asked and they said they would, but I want to make extra sure!

For a shirt, you could get a plain one and use an iron on transfer to write what you want on it. (I did this to make rehoming coats for our foster dogs). There are sites that do printing and have dog coats in their stock, but I dont remember who they are. :thumbsup: A google search might come up with something

I'll have a look, thanks :rolleyes:

I had a yellow ribbon on Jonno at training last night - he's small, the ribbon was big, you couldn't miss it. Still had stupid people walking their dogs right next to us when there was heaps of room around, or crowding us. Luckily the trainer I had was very good and aware and she stopped the class a number of times to (at first) remind them of what the yellow ribbon means (and later) to tell them off.

He's more timid and will shy away if a strange dog comes near him, also makes it hard for him to focus (and exhausts me trying to constantly keep a watch on everything around us) but if a strange dog pushes him too far, he will snap (I will have removed him before then now that I know his triggers/warning signs).

Can you make me one too Luke :thumbsup:

I would like it to say this:

"Stay away from my dog when we're training...or I'll bite you myself!"

and another one

"Yes, I'm sure your dog is lovely & sometime when I'm not training mine, I'd love to have it jump all over me"

Edited by Vickie

Can you make me one too Luke :eek:

I would like it to say this:

"Stay away from my dog when we're training...or I'll bite you myself!"

and another one

"Yes, I'm sure your dog is lovely & sometime when I'm not training mine, I'd love to have it jump all over me"

hmm...font size is getting too small....

I need to think of a logo or two :laugh:

How about "I'm training...*iss off"

poff.jpg

Edited by Luke W

My club does the yellow ribbon thing too... everyone knows that if a dog has a yellow ribbon on its lead that it needs space from other dogs, and the instructor points it out at the start of class just so everyone else doesn't miss it.

I like that one too Luke!

The annoying thing is that I don't have an aggressive dog.

I have a dog that prefers other dogs do not charge up to her when she is trying to concentrate & follow my instructions. Why should the onus be on me? Surely it is beneficial to no-one to have a dog approach while you are in the middle of a training exercise? It would help if this was addressed more at a club level.