World Dog Games - Agility, Frisbee, Flyball And Dock Dogs

Get ready for a LIVE dog sporting spectacular like nothing you have ever seen before! The smartest, fastest and "biggest hearted" dogs in Australia all competing to be the best in their discipline for cash. It’s a 2 hour multimedia, pawfressional dog sporting event that will kick off the world wide search for the best dogs in the Universe . The World Dog Games developed by the Professional Canine Federation will find the World best dogs, be it full bred or bitza in the sports they LOVE TO PLAY.

The event is dished up in a weekend DOGFEST packed with experts from Australia and around the world, a breed showcase, dog sporting demonstrations, and competition exhibitions and shopping– and its all under the one woof.

It is likely to be the biggest canine event ever held in Australia and will include not only live competitions/shows but international seminar presenters, demonstration areas and stalls/ merchandise. The WDG will have competitions for Agility, Frisbee, Flyball and Dock Dogs. To be held at Acer Arena at Sydney Olympic Park there will be 3 big days of competition with the event to be televised nationally. Acer Arena will be THE place to be between Friday 30th October – Sunday 1st November this year.

The Australian Canine Disc Association (ACDA) is thrilled to announce that we will be coordinating the selection of Australia’s top 4 canine disc handlers and dogs to participate in the World Dog Games. We want to let you know now that everyone is invited to participate in either or both of two selection qualifiers to be held commencing in September. Only teams participating in freestyle will be able to qualify, so if you want to be part of this super-exciting event there is still plenty of time to put together a routine. The qualifier locations and dates, competition format and all details will be released in an Information Kit to be released in early May.

I hope to see you in Sydney at the end of October as either a competitor or supporter!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could help but I only have the specific frisbee details.

When I was looking for a website for the event, I did get results of meeting minutes for both ADAA and AFA mentioning the event though.

Edited by molasseslass

Members are advised that there is also another exciting event added to the Agility calendar for 2009. It is the World Dog Games (WDG) to be held 30 October – 1 November 2009 at Acer Arena at Homebush and run by Chugg Entertainment. This is likely to be the biggest canine event ever held in Australia and will include not only live competitions/shows but international seminar presenters, demonstration areas and stalls/ merchandise. The WDG will have competitions for Agility, Frisbee, Flyball and Dock Dogs, will be hosted by a well-known TV personality and have a one hour TV show of highlights over the summer season. ADAA is hosting the Agility competition and there will be two classes (limited to four dogs per class) competing over five Agility courses with first place prize money of $10,000 for each class. There will be separate releases about the WDG and Agility at the WDG in the near future, however members are advised that the Try Outs for the WDG will be conducted at the June WAC Selection Competition to be held at Macksville. The WDG Agility classes will be open to all ADAA Members and will be at Open A standard. We want the WDG Agility finals to be the best of the best Agility dogs in Australia. If you are think that is you, then you should definitely try out.

This is all I could find so far with Google. This is copied from the ADAA website.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Clover

We could finally have our Elvis, Flite, Hamish and a speedy little dog super flyball team...in my dreams :hug:. I would love to be involved.

My only contribution at this statge is that this was announced at the Cesar Milan show when I went to Acer Arena.

I to have not seen or heard anywhere how the dogs are being entered or who will be there.

Possibly contact Acer Arena and ask who the promoter is and contact the promoter to find out which organisations to contact.

Damn, i am working that weekend, would love to go, is anyone going to watch? I dont know anyone here who will come with me, and dont know my way around Sydney (and the traffic scares me!)

Might see if i can extend my holidays, dont think i will tho :hug:

This is not confirmed but I believe Dock Dogs has already been selected. I believe there is one guy who's been trying to get the sport started here in Australia and he's got a small group who've been training with him. Apparently there's a special pool being brought over for it - I can't wait to watch this!

Alanglen - qualification is open to anyone from any state, you'd just need to find out from the sports associations when and where they are holding their qualifying events.

Whoops, I've given you a bum steer alanglen.

It seems ADAA agility only exists in Qld and NSW so unless you knew the rules and were prepared to travel interstate, you wouldn't be able to attend a qualifying event.

Frisbee qualifying is in Qld as we don't have clubs outside the state yet.

Flyball is in Victoria though from their website.

Thanks, Everyone down here thought I was nuts making the enquiry!

Odd name thou, "world games" when it doesn't even involve all the states, let alone any others!

I had wanted to have a go with the dock dogs, my girls would be great but it seems rather expensive to try and get set up down here.