Dock Diving

Have just been reading up on the rules today after the mock competition we did at the Sydney Showgrounds.

11. How did your dogs get their titles? In order for your dog to be titled, you have to first be a member of the DockDogs national organization. Then five jumps at national events within any title's range gives your dog that title. For example, the Junior Title range is 10'-14'11". Five jumps within that range at any of national events will earn your dog a Junior Title. It does not have to happen at one event. The five jumps can be at several different national events. (There are also Regional Titles which are earned the same way, but at regional events.)

12. I would like for me dog to do this, but he's too old. Not so! DockDogs has a Veteran's class for dogs eight years and older. These dogs have their own awards, their own titles, and their own rankings. They can also participate in the regular events and jumps as well.

So this means if it was for real, Josh would have been in the veterans class, and both dogs probably would have got their junior titles today.

This is where I found the info.

http://teamfireandice.blogspot.com/2009/03...est-writer.html

Here is my dogs at the pool in Sydney, you need a facebook account to see them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3145...mp;l=f90dc29bf8

Edited by whatevah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colliewood, did you contact Hanrob? I did and I just got sent an app form regarding auditions this Saturday!

Hi Ruthless,

Thankd for that.

No have not yet! auditions for what?

Also, found a place at Castlereagh that may be starting I need to contact them.

I am meant to work Sat but may have to move to Sunday.

ta

From the email ...

We have already held the Dockdogs auditions and are currently in training but we are also holding a promotional Daily Telegraph auditions this Saturday 3rd October for the ‘Underdog’.

It was sent by the company who are running the World Dog Games. When I know more I'll update.

Where's Castlereagh?

From the email ...
We have already held the Dockdogs auditions and are currently in training but we are also holding a promotional Daily Telegraph auditions this Saturday 3rd October for the ‘Underdog’.

It was sent by the company who are running the World Dog Games. When I know more I'll update.

Where's Castlereagh?

will pm you my email, can you forward it to me ?

Castlereagh, near Penrith.

ta

We went along today and Chopper had a great time :( I had a horrible time having to listen to him whinging and wailing, but it was all worthwhile in the end! They decided that him and three other dogs all had potential and invited us to come and train with the team for the next few weeks. Even if he isn't picked as the twelfth dog for the World Dog Games there's still opportunities for him to perform at other events if we can get him jumping well. There were four dogs ahead of us and none of them wanted to jump in the pool. When Chopper had his go and showed no fear in jumping off the dock I thought he was going to be picked as the Underdog for sure.

3975679937_9d056d0c7b.jpg

My smugness was shortlived though! :laugh: This Kelpie was on after him and he was awesome!

3975679253_4d514309b4.jpg

I took heaps of pictures, but it was so dark in there, these are the only two worth posting. Hopefully I'll be able to get better ones during the next few weeks :)

They're not sure if Chopper classifies as a big dog or a small dog, so they need to check with the authorities in America. I reckon he's small. He's my little lap dog! :rofl:

Thanks for the heads-up whatevah :D