Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Perth Dog Beaches - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Perth Dog Beaches need some recommendations, please!

#1 User is offline   RubyStar 

• Owned and trained by a couple of Labs and a Mini Schnitzel!
  • State:WA

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:33 PM

Can anyone in Perth please recommend a good dog beach? Are there any that are partly enclosed or a bit more private? Yeah I know, big ask, as if councils are gonna give dog owners a cool space like that! :D But thought it worth a shot at asking.

I'm south of the river but I don't mind driving - anywhere between Rockingham and Mindarie as long as it is a lovely beach worth the drive! :rofl:

I've got some holidays off work coming up in a few weeks so would like to take my Labbies on a Monday when hopefully it won't be as busy as a weekend.

Looking forward to some recommendations! :D Thanks!

#2 User is offline   :ange: 

• Who me?
  • State:NSW

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Not sure if you've been to this link or not.. I found this quite useful!

http://www.gooddog.info/

#3 Guest_belgian.blue_*

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

I go to this one .. About 2km drive from Scarborough Beach.

dog beach

Very very far from any road, always busy with friendly dogs. About 4Okm of lovely beach that is off leash.

Plenty of dog poop bags, rarely any poo around.

Message me if you want directions as I go there quite a lot, we were there this stormy morning!

#4 User is offline   :ange: 

• Who me?

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:44 PM

That's our favourite beach to BB.. we go there fairly often although since the weather has been so crummy the last month or so we haven't been, We'll start back when the weather warms up!

#5 User is offline   RubyStar 

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

View Postange165, on 20th Sep 2009 - 09:38 PM, said:

Not sure if you've been to this link or not.. I found this quite useful!

http://www.gooddog.info/

Ah yep thanks! I have that page bookmarked, I guess I was just hoping for some DOLers recommendations to my specific requirements :rofl: :D

View Postbelgian.blue, on 20th Sep 2009 - 09:41 PM, said:

I go to this one .. About 2km drive from Scarborough Beach.

dog beach

Very very far from any road, always busy with friendly dogs. About 4Okm of lovely beach that is off leash.

Plenty of dog poop bags, rarely any poo around.

Message me if you want directions as I go there quite a lot, we were there this stormy morning!

Thanks :p I think I've been there - went to one about 2 years ago and found it very wide open and the sand was a shocker to walk through! It was on a weekend and very busy, but I'm hoping to find one that isn't busy on a weekday. I want a chance to let my girls play with minimal worry of strange dogs and so I can try get some photos of them ;)

Are there any beaches out in the sticks (ie. waaaaaay up north past/around Mindarie :D ) that are relatively quiet? I see DOLers in other states post photos of their beach outings and there is noone on the beach but them! That's what I'm hoping for :rofl:

This post has been edited by RubyStar: 20 September 2009 - 11:49 PM

#6 User is offline   :ange: 

• Who me?

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

I have often been to that beach above and it's deserted during the week. There might be one or two dogs around but plenty of opportunities for photos..
like this day..

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   RubyStar 

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

View Postange165, on 20th Sep 2009 - 09:53 PM, said:

I have often been to that beach above and it's deserted during the week. There might be one or two dogs around but plenty of opportunities for photos..
like this day..

:D :D
This might be a goer on a Monday, then!

Has anyone been to Trigg beach? Looking at it on gooddog.info, it looks nice. I like the rocks there, as it doesn't feel as wide open as Scarborough. I'm probably making sense to nobody but myself :rofl:

Edit: Just read up on Trigg dog beach, and while it has the secluded factor I was looking for, they don't recommend it as ideal and not overly safe. So I'll probably head to Scarborough if no other beaches come up!

This post has been edited by RubyStar: 21 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

#8 User is offline   RubyStar 

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

Leighton also seems good!! Decisions, decisions! That gooddog site is better than I remember it :D

Can anyone recommend Leighton?

#9 User is offline   RosieFT 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

We always go to Leighton beach. But that is busy on a weekend - don't know what it is like during the week. We have gone when the weather wasn't that great and there were only a handful of dogs. Have not had a bad dog experience there yet.

Piles of seaweed around at the moment due to the stormy weather, so maybe not he best time for picturesque shot...

#10 User is offline   RosieFT 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

oh, we always walk right to the end near the rocks and not so many dog walkers go that far, so might be worth heading right to the end. The kids love to collect the shells there that are not further up.

I would assume on a week day it would not be uber busy!?!

#11 User is offline   RubyStar 

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thanks RosieFT :D

#12 User is offline   Golden Rules 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

View PostRosieFT, on 20th Sep 2009 - 11:20 PM, said:

We always go to Leighton beach. But that is busy on a weekend - don't know what it is like during the week. We have gone when the weather wasn't that great and there were only a handful of dogs. Have not had a bad dog experience there yet.

Piles of seaweed around at the moment due to the stormy weather, so maybe not he best time for picturesque shot...

I always go to Leighton as well :D it's a nice wide and flat beach with plenty of parking but as Rosie said, it's always busy at weekends, especially mornings. Everyone's dogs run amok and I've never had a bad experience there, other than some goose blaming my dog for peeing on a towel (he would never do that! :D )

#13 User is offline   RubyStar 

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:24 AM

I think I might try Leighton, thanks guys :D

Are there any easy directions to get there coming from the south?

#14 User is offline   Golden Rules 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

View PostRubyStar, on 21st Sep 2009 - 12:24 AM, said:

I think I might try Leighton, thanks guys :D

Are there any easy directions to get there coming from the south?

I'm not good with directions generally - and I always come down Stirling Highway but it's really just in between North Fremantle and Mosman Park so get to Stirling Highway in North Fremantle and when you come to the overpass (from the beach to the railway) you will find lots of designated parking spots. Anything north of the overpass is dog beach but there are signs everywhere when you get out of your car. :D

#15 User is offline   RosieFT 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

My mum lives in North Fremantle so my car can basically go there by itself... anyhooo..

down Leach Hwy, right onto stirling hwy, over stirling bridge, first left at lights, go to the end, turn right.. follow it along past kiosk, big car parks. You can then veer left which takes you down and back up to the road you want, or you go right and stick on that road (sorry, but this has changed recently cos they are building apts so sorry if not clear!). As you go along you will then see the ocean again and a few car parks past and the dog beach will start. It runs a looooong way down so just check for when the signs start showing pics of dogs :-) .

it is a loooong, wide beach :-)

have fun.

sorry if not clear, best i can do! LOL

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions