Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Fuchisia - Plant And Flowers - Poison For Dogs? - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Fuchisia - Plant And Flowers - Poison For Dogs?

#1 User is offline   Snowball 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hi

Our back area which will be the dog run has a beautiful fuchsia bush with reg/pink/purple flowers, are they poisonous for dogs if eaten?

Does anyone know, or sites to check

thanks
Snowball

#2 User is offline   Erny 

• Ridgydidge

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

If you click on the link http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-contr...-ear-drops.html you can type in the plant in question ("fuchsia"). It will come up with two types of fuchsia both of which are reported as being non-toxic to dogs and cats.

I had a look at other things that have been reported as toxic and it seems I need to rip out almost my entire garden :thumbsup: .

This post has been edited by Erny: 01 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

#3 User is offline   poodle proud 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

View PostErny, on 1st Nov 2009 - 09:13 AM, said:

I had a look at other things that have been reported as toxic and it seems I need to rip out almost my entire garden :laugh: .

Totally know what you mean Erny. We were starting a garden and before I found that site we googled almost every plant while we were at the nursery only to find 95% of the ones we liked were toxic. OH was close to concreting the darn thing :cool:

#4 User is offline   Snowball 

• Forum Regular

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for your replies :laugh:

She loves hiding under the bush and mouthing branches. It is really hard to see her when she is in the bushes, maybey that is her aim?? :eek:

Snowball

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions