Norwegian Elkhound

Troy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WANT TO MEET OTHER ELKIE OWNERS!!!!! WAAAAAHHHHHH

:)

Just wanted to pop in and brag, ohhh I mean tell everyone, that Milla and Viking started herding training last Saturday. OMG they were like pros!!! Even gave the Border Collies a bit of a run for their money!! :laugh:

We are entered for our herding intinct certificates on Sunday so fingers crossed they work as well as they did on Saturday!!

Will post pictures when I get home. Also got some video of it, just need to work out youtube!! :cheer:

Can't wait to hear the resuls of Viking and Milla :laugh: Hope they do us proud :laugh: Give them a big hug for me :laugh:

ETA: If you don't mind, when you get the video up on youtube, oculd I put it to my wbesite. Also. if your could get some individual herding pics of both Milla and Viking for my website also. Thanks a bunch :)

I should have worded that first question a little better now I realise, I think I came across the wrong way :cheer:

I understand that it happens in most breeds, I have just found that in the slightly less common breeds it can be a bit harder.

Thanks Norskgra. :rofl:

I wouldn't say it was any harder to purchase an Elkie show potential puppy than other breeds. You might have to wait a little while but you will get one.

Awsome.

Well at this point time is all I have so waiting isnt an issue. :cheer:

Thanks again :rofl:

Hello Wolfsong... Will hopefully see you at Canberra. Bond is loking forward to hugs. Would ave answered your questions but haven't really had the time to thouroghly go through the forum :rofl: Will talk more about the elkies then :rofl:

Edited by Elkie1

Hey Elkie, you will definatly be seeing us on the weekend, my OH is very excited :cry:

Bond loved your cuddles on Sunday Wolfsong. and Allie looks gorgous :(

Thanks, I am very happy with her, except her sled dog impression :D

I bought her a light check chain for the ring so hopfully with a little training that will stop this in its tracks.

Bond is looking so nice!

I can't believe how cute he and my OH were sitting on the ground getting cuddles :D

OH is now totally in love with the breed off cause (thank god, it was a choice between an Elkie or a Bullmastiff :( and I can't live with drool, so give BOnd a thankyou hug from me for winning OH over like that ) and can't wait to get his own :laugh:

Hey Elkie, you will definatly be seeing us on the weekend, my OH is very excited :laugh:

Bond loved your cuddles on Sunday Wolfsong. and Allie looks gorgous :(

Thanks, I am very happy with her, except her sled dog impression :)

I bought her a light check chain for the ring so hopfully with a little training that will stop this in its tracks.

Bond is looking so nice!

I can't believe how cute he and my OH were sitting on the ground getting cuddles :rofl:

OH is now totally in love with the breed off cause (thank god, it was a choice between an Elkie or a Bullmastiff :) and I can't live with drool, so give BOnd a thankyou hug from me for winning OH over like that ) and can't wait to get his own :laugh:

I loved how Bond kept crawling closer and closer for more cuddles :D Too cute :( I can just see Allie having fun with her own "permanant" elkies friend :laugh:

• 1 month later...
Hi Norskra

that work doesn't appear to be working - can you please advise where to go to find more info?

Sorry, Sugee I should have thought. The link does work but it is in Off Topic and you need 150 posts to have access to it. You can pm Cockerlover who makes them.

Here are the details of the leads:

Colors available are Black , white , Purple , Pink , Blue , Green

Length is approx 2 metres ( can make to any length )

Slip leads with breed $20 . Plain without breed $9.50

clip leads with breed $22 . Plain without breed $12.50

The three is the photos are slip leads and I have ordered three clip leads as well in the lenght I wanted. It is so hard to find anything with Elkies on it in Australia.

Edited by Norskgra

• 4 months later...
hi guys, this forum looks fairly inactive lately. I just wanted to say thanks for helping me choose this breed! Such beautiful dogs! Let me know if theres ever a meetup in Sydney!

They are a fantastic breed to own but be aware, they are addictive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian

Very happy to hear about a fellow Sydney elkie owner!

If you are not too far away I am sure my dog would love to catch up some time?

We went to a dog show and met up with some of the Sydney breeders just before Christmas last year and everyone was so lovely...

They do know how to melt your heart.

My husband and I are so besotted with our boy our entire lives revolve around him but we wouldn't have it any other way

he is the light of our lives

A very special breed indeed!

Sugee

• 1 month later...

Hi Sugee sorry for the late reply! We're based in the Bankstown region but you can find us all over Sydney on the weekend.. maybe we can meet up sometime!

Brian.

Hi Brian

Very happy to hear about a fellow Sydney elkie owner!

If you are not too far away I am sure my dog would love to catch up some time?

We went to a dog show and met up with some of the Sydney breeders just before Christmas last year and everyone was so lovely...

They do know how to melt your heart.

My husband and I are so besotted with our boy our entire lives revolve around him but we wouldn't have it any other way

he is the light of our lives

A very special breed indeed!

Sugee

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just after some information please. Are there any Elk breeders out there that have stud dogs or bitches with Torgrim or Ravenstone in there bloodlines.

Thank you in advance.

Hello.

I imported a bitch fromthe UK last year with Ravenstone baking her pedigree.

Her pedigree is below

Her sire is UK Ch. Kinderhorn Dain of Conrick JW ShCM (UK) whos sire UK Ch. Kestos Quicksilver (UK) Kinderhons Dain of Conrick's dam is Ravenstone Ailisa At Kinderhorn (UK) who's dam is UK Ch. Ravenstone Glad Tidings (UK)

Her pedigree can be found here http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=49716

Hope this helps with what you are looking form...

Edited by Elkie1

• 4 months later...

Love Elkhounds! I've met two (Elkhound-German Sheperd X) and they have the most beautiful temperaments, and highly amusing at what they get up to...one of them once managed to climb a shed roof?! :D

• 7 months later...