Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi everyone,

I'm from Bunbury and I have a gorgeous 17 month old cavalier called Ruby. Is anyone else from Bunbury or are you all from Perth?

Hi Aimee - Im from outta town (about an hour from bunners!)....Do you take Ruby to show training at all??

I usually go to obedience training Wed nights, but havent been for a while - such a long bloody drive for half an hours trianing :(

Rat

Hi Aimee - Im from outta town (about an hour from bunners!)....Do you take Ruby to show training at all??

I usually go to obedience training Wed nights, but havent been for a while - such a long bloody drive for half an hours trianing :(

Rat

No, I don't take Ruby to show training but we do go to obedience classes & agility with Benotto. Do you go to the South West dog club? Where abouts do you live? What breed dogs do you have?

yay a WA thread!! :laugh:

:) hullooooooo!

valleywa i have done the bunno open show the last couple of years but may skip it this year...

oh a little social club event announcement...

Host: Weimaraners WA Social Club Fundraiser

Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009

Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm

Location: C.Y. O'Connor Dog Beach and Reserve, North Coogee 6163

Street: Cnr Robb Rd and McTaggart

City/Town: Perth, Australia

There will be a BBQ and Hydrobath bring your dogs for a bath after having a swim! I can't remember how much the hydrobath will be but all funds raised will go towards the weimaraner social club and rescue!

Let me know if you think you might come (catering!) or BYO Meat!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

I :laugh: Weims!! So annoyed I am already booked up that night!

I have a random question and please don't judge me on this but does anyone know where you can take your pets, well dogs to get a photo with Santa???

A friend and I are tempted to smuggle our dogs into a shopping center for a quick pic but I have a feeling it may not be as simple as walking in *take picture* walk out. :)

ST I would love to come! I will just have to check nothing else is on. When is the next show on? :) Can I come and hang out with you guys again? (I think that last show had an effect on me because I am starting to think it would be really cute to get an ash (Wei coloured) Chessie) :laugh:

Hi everyone :laugh:

I am a West Aussie.. well waaaaay up north tho, Broome to be exact.

I have 2 Great danes, Mako who is a black male & turns 3 on the 11th Dec & Koda who is a merle female who is 9mths old.

We dont have shows or any of that fun doggie stuff up here :) Although we'll be moving to Perth in Feb-March 2010 so I will finally get the chance to get out & see some.

I usually go to obedience training Wed nights, but havent been for a while - such a long bloody drive for half an hours trianing :confused:

Rat

No, I don't take Ruby to show training but we do go to obedience classes & agility with Benotto. Do you go to the South West dog club? Where abouts do you live? What breed dogs do you have?

Yes Im a member of the "Bunbury & Districts Dog Club" - is that the SW Dog Club??? Whats Benottos like?? Ive seen their ads, but its even further from us than our normal club.

We have a Ridgeback (Zola) and a Kelpie (Wandy). Ive done a bit of showing with Zola and some obedience with the pair of them, although Im pretty slack! I did have intentions of trialling Wandy, but things are going fairly slow!

We live on five acres east of Donnybrook.

Rat

yeah that would be cool - although I wonder what my dogs would do...

i actually thought we did have it, but i could be wrong.

I also wish we still had Flyball. Nothing was more entertaining to watch all those excited dogs LOVING the game so much... even the weis who would inevitibly miss the ball when it came out.

Yep Flyball would be awesome!

And I would like Earth Dog but it probably wouldn't affect you :thumbsup:

I thought I read somewhere that Lure Coursing was forbidden in WA for some reason?

Apparently the JRT club have a lure racing setup. The Tentie club was going to make one but I don't know if it ever eventuated.