Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Will it be a big mistake going to Western Classic for my second show and without having had many (if any since pup will be just over 3 months) formal show lessons prior? :hug: I am scared since it will be the first time a few people have seen the beed showing for a while I might embarass the whole breed!

Also do many people go down to the Geraldton/Albany and Bunbury shows in Febuary?

No, it won't be a mistake :cry: Just remember to have fun and not make it too serious for your pup.

I usually always do Bunbury, because we have family there (though whether we go will be depending on the weather forecast, as it can be hot and horrible down there sometimes).

Ok. I'm excited now for Western Classic I was really just scared people would be all like 'OMG look at that girl and dog who don't even know what they are doing' especially since I'm first up so I can't see how the judge likes the ring run before my turn.

:hug: Will definately do Bunbury because it's an open and then my first show can be an open and the trainee judges can meet my Chessie!

Falolmor- Bunbury is easy for me too because I have 2 aunties down there as well as numerous cousins and my brother's OH has a holdiday hous in Dunsbrough. So I am set to stay the night :cry:

Hmmmm RnL I might have to do it if you can visit so that you can meet my Chessie boy like you said you wanted too.. :eek: I was thinking it would be quicker to travel to Albany from Bunbury but apparently (source: my dad :D ) it's not that much difference from Albany to Perth.
Hello fellow West Aussies :(

I haven't shown or trialled for a while, but do love to keep up with what is going on!

I think Albany is just over a 100kms from Bunbury, but your best friend will be Googles maps in this case.

More bloody lightening! I will be off line shortly - I am sure we will have no power again tonight! Last time the power pole got a direct hit from lightening.

Perth to Albany is a really good drive. Did it just recently - well the Albany to Perth one anyway!

You probably already know, but it ALWAYS rains in Albany. Even if 33 degree's! It once again didn't dissapoint when we were there in September!

I would love to meet your Chessie boy, but at the moment I am not travelling or showing, to hard to get away with two young'ns and getting someone to look after the cattle. One day I will though :eek:

Hope you have a great time

Hiya!!!

I don't show (my two desexed pound mutts wouldn't win much!!! :D ) I would love to do dog sports, but the dogs would prefer to sit in the sun & pretend to be dead, & I would look pretty stoopid running around an agility course without a dog...so i don't do that either....probably shouldn't be in this thread then, but hey, I saw WA & like to stick my beak in!!! :(

Hello, another WA here, but a country bumpkin. Geraldton actually. I do try and get to shows bout every month or so and our next one is the Wanneroo on the 27th then the one on the 29th also. It will be my new addtion's first show. We only have about 3 or 4 shows here a year so need to travel. Might have to move to Perth one day I think...

Hey SBT101 - was up your way not long ago:) called through on the way to see the folks in Kalbarri. Was thinking I was jealous as you actually have shows in your town! Our closest is 480kms away.

Hope the weather is not being too hot for you :D

Hello, another Perthie :rofl:

Amypie, I dont bother with the Geraldton / Bunbury only open shows... its a long way to travel for no points.

I am doing Albany this weekend :) and then again in Feb... Albany is one of the best shows in the show calendar, its so laid back and relaxing!!! I love it. Albany is about a 4.5 hour drive from Southern River.

Am doing Wanneroo, but we are at the K9 on Friday night, so depending if we get through, I may be there on the sat...

Im pretty much entered in everything up until the end of the year!

Hello, another Perthie :wave:

Amypie, I dont bother with the Geraldton / Bunbury only open shows... its a long way to travel for no points.

I am doing Albany this weekend :) and then again in Feb... Albany is one of the best shows in the show calendar, its so laid back and relaxing!!! I love it. Albany is about a 4.5 hour drive from Southern River.

Am doing Wanneroo, but we are at the K9 on Friday night, so depending if we get through, I may be there on the sat...

Im pretty much entered in everything up until the end of the year!

Hey :)

Geraldton has the best facilities for a country club & runs well organised shows :laugh:

You should try out our good old country hospitality sometime :bottom: