Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I do know the feeling of waiting for a puppy, I waited for Phoenix for a good 6 months. No, its not a golden. Her name is Willow, well it will be on Thursday. Its a LH Weimaraner. She will be my first show dog.

aww how exciting :) i love the name willow

Thanks, I think the name suits her, we went and bought some puppy stuff today, thank god I bought a crate off ebay last year as I knew this year we would be atleast looking for a puppy soon. Still need to buy a few other things.

coz i have such a wait im buying something each payday but my dad gave me his dogs crate but to to make sure my puppy dosent get anything *over protective mum* im going to clean it out with bleach and then hot soapy water

Yeah, mine was second hand, but never used, they bought it new off ebay but when it arrived they realised it was too big for their car or something. I bleached it anyway.

coz i have such a wait im buying something each payday but my dad gave me his dogs crate but to to make sure my puppy dosent get anything *over protective mum* im going to clean it out with bleach and then hot soapy water

Yeah, mine was second hand, but never used, they bought it new off ebay but when it arrived they realised it was too big for their car or something. I bleached it anyway.

you can just never be to safe aye hehe.

aww how exciting i cant wait to see photos

JessLiveDie - I think from memory, our girl came in to heat in the beginning of Sept, then got mated about 10days after (i think!), then 9 weeks & the pups were born ! So really, you're looking at just over 2 months! Then of course another 8wks before you can bring him home (depending on when the breeder lets them go!) ;) When is she due to come in to season ?

Hiya everyone, I totally understand about having to wait for a puppy. It's the worst, late last year my husband surprised me with getting our BB Lola. I hated having to wait to finally pick her up. Then my husband has always wanted a staffy so we found a wonderful breeder and last week I surpised him by taking him to pick out his boy. Now he has to wait another 6 weeks til we can pick him up. He's already decided to call him Boss.

Can't wait to have our babies together playing with each other.

Let the fun begin

Hi again,

Jess ~ I am the same, I have to wait a longer time than you and I am also buying bits and pieces here and there. Some are from my previous pup, others I got rid of so have to buy again. We had planned on not having any more animals.....but you know what its like...too lonely without them. I am getting my crate off Deals Direct for $59, most of the others I've seen are way more expensive than I thought they were.

KritalJay ~ I had my list down to a British Bulldog or French Bulldog. I had already owned 2 Aussie Bulldogs. But size made the deciding factor and we are getting a Frenchie. I wanted more of a lap dog....well one that fit on your lap easier ;)

I hope when you get your pups you come back and show them off?

As I'll still be here for a while :grouphug:

Edited by Bluefairy

JessLiveDie - I think from memory, our girl came in to heat in the beginning of Sept, then got mated about 10days after (i think!), then 9 weeks & the pups were born ! So really, you're looking at just over 2 months! Then of course another 8wks before you can bring him home (depending on when the breeder lets them go!) ;) When is she due to come in to season ?

[/

this month or next

Hi again,

Jess ~ I am the same, I have to wait a longer time than you and I am also buying bits and pieces here and there. Some are from my previous pup, others I got rid of so have to buy again. We had planned on not having any more animals.....but you know what its like...too lonely without them. I am getting my crate off Deals Direct for $59, most of the others I've seen are way more expensive than I thought they were.

KritalJay ~ I had my list down to a British Bulldog or French Bulldog. I had already owned 2 Aussie Bulldogs. But size made the deciding factor and we are getting a Frenchie. I wanted more of a lap dog....well one that fit on your lap easier ;)

I hope when you get your pups you come back and show them off?

As I'll still be here for a while :grouphug:

aww you have me to help you get through your wait

Hiya everyone, I totally understand about having to wait for a puppy. It's the worst, late last year my husband surprised me with getting our BB Lola. I hated having to wait to finally pick her up. Then my husband has always wanted a staffy so we found a wonderful breeder and last week I surpised him by taking him to pick out his boy. Now he has to wait another 6 weeks til we can pick him up. He's already decided to call him Boss.

Can't wait to have our babies together playing with each other.

Let the fun begin

We'll be getting our staffies around the same time! :laugh: Mine's due to come home in the beginning of March. Good work on naming him already, we're still very stuck on that one!

Edited by FD26

:laugh: awww thank you :laugh:

I might set up one of those tickers.....I'll set it for 6 months then add or take it away if its quicker or longer.

Thanks.

Question: Are any of you crate training your pups?

I have never used a crate, but have heard so many good things about them. So this time I might get one and try it out. They reckon you can toilet train a puppy in a couple of days to weeks compared to my method of using newspapers. I am sourcing out crates now, and have found a perfect one at Deals Direct. Its 76cm x 58cm x 61cm, its about $59. It has two doors one at the end and one on the side. It has a plastic slide out tray for easy cleaning, and the people who have bought it have recommended it as great. Sounds good to me.....just need the spare money.

I did it, took a couple of tries to get the code right :laugh: looks good :laugh:

Edited by Bluefairy

:laugh: awww thank you :laugh:

I might set up one of those tickers.....I'll set it for 6 months then add or take it away if its quicker or longer.

Thanks.

Question: Are any of you crate training your pups?

I have never used a crate, but have heard so many good things about them. So this time I might get one and try it out. They reckon you can toilet train a puppy in a couple of days to weeks compared to my method of using newspapers. I am sourcing out crates now, and have found a perfect one at Deals Direct. Its 76cm x 58cm x 61cm, its about $59. It has two doors one at the end and one on the side. It has a plastic slide out tray for easy cleaning, and the people who have bought it have recommended it as great. Sounds good to me.....just need the spare money.

I did it, took a couple of tries to get the code right :laugh: looks good :laugh:

i will be crate training i did with my dads dog and she was TTed in 3 days i think it was. your crate sounds like mine only i got mine well dad got it from city barn ill take a pic of mine this avo to show you

Thanks for the pictures Jess. Hubby and I have decided to get the slightly bigger crate, more room for the dog as an adult to move around in. I now just need to find a pet bed to fit inside it, if not some blankets.

I now have for my future pup :)

Harness

Seat Belt attachment

Puppy Lead

Puppy Collar

Kong Wubba

Ceramic Bowls (from my last pup)

Stuffed toy (Frenchies love sleeping with soft toys)

New mat for the raised bed (my last pup ate the old mat)

Probably over the top but I love spoiling my pets :)

Thanks for the pictures Jess. Hubby and I have decided to get the slightly bigger crate, more room for the dog as an adult to move around in. I now just need to find a pet bed to fit inside it, if not some blankets.

I now have for my future pup :)

Harness

Seat Belt attachment

Puppy Lead

Puppy Collar

Kong Wubba

Ceramic Bowls (from my last pup)

Stuffed toy (Frenchies love sleeping with soft toys)

New mat for the raised bed (my last pup ate the old mat)

Probably over the top but I love spoiling my pets :)

aww my puppy will be a spoilt boy too.

i have a creat

a lead

a coller

and 1 sqeachy toy atm

i buy one thing a pay i got a bed for thhe inside when my dad had it from the reject shop and she hated it haha

Amber was bred by Braeloch kennels. Poppy & Brock both come from there too, although Brock has a Khayoz prefix. I wasn't looking for another puppy but mentioned that I liked the sables and the breeder told me she planned to do a mating that might produce sables. It did and Amber is gorgeous regardless of what colour she is. So it was all very lucky.

I can see why you got her though, regardless of colour :( I love the sables but have never heard of an Aussie breeder trying to breed them. Though to be honest I haven't stuck my head in BC business for quite some time :mad

Was she the only sable?