Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

After Norty Brown Dawg Wilbur had his bath, i dragged out the 'puppy equipment' box and found much of what i will need: three 3/4" collars, small ceramic bowl, lightweight long line, harnesses. The puppy travel crate is in the shed. Eventually we'll replace the travel crate with a wire one and i'll also get a exy pen. Don't have to get much this time around thumbsup1.gif I ordered ID tags from my favourite tag company; Boomerang, from Canada - one small one to fit the 3/4" collars and 3 1" tags for adults collars. I use Red Dingo collars and will eventually get a few large ones to add to the collection: Both the dogs will be sharing them. We've decided on a name: Laiken Scout - yes, we weird and always give our dogs middle names rofl1.gif We also tend to name our dogs after book characters. The Layken in the book is spelled with a 'Y', but miss21 wanted to use the traditional spelling with an "I". Laiken means 'of the lake'...kinda appropriate given labbies are water dogs. And Scout is from To Kill a Mockingbird. Wilbur's middle name is Atticus...so yeah...no explanations necessary about how much we like that book laugh.gif

Morning everyone I needed to post here as no one at work seems to understand my anticipation on waiting for my new pup.

We are due to get our new family member in 3 weeks ( providing she is a match for us) and the wait is killing me hahaha. I’m soooooo impatient and just want her now lol

Good things come to those who wait.... I’m sick of waiting LOL

Morning everyone I needed to post here as no one at work seems to understand my anticipation on waiting for my new pup.

We are due to get our new family member in 3 weeks ( providing she is a match for us) and the wait is killing me hahaha. I’m soooooo impatient and just want her now lol

That's so exciting :D what breed are you getting?

The pups from the litter we've got our hearts set on are born! <3

Hopefully one of them will be our potential Aussie puppy - our family is very excited for the (hopefully!) new arrival :D There aren't any definites yet, though!

Terri we are getting another JRT :) Have been looking and waiting for the past 8 months so now that pups are born and wiggling it makes waiting worse haha

Ninak that's awesome congrats! fingers crossed there is one available for you :)

Congratulations! I so know the feeling! Once I had decided on a litter I had to wait 1.5 weeks for them to be born and then another 9 weeks until I picked up the pup. And of course everyone I knew was sick of me going on about pups during that time. My baby is now 13 weeks/3 months old! Feel free to share some pics I'm sure your future baby is adorable! :)

Skysong have you put pics on the other thread? i need to see your new addition haha.

yep one of the girls at work has banned me from any puppy talk in the office LOL :(

I've just put one up :)

And that's what online dog forums are for! At least everyone there doesn't mind puppy talk!

One month til our baby arrives. Despite still having most of what i need I find myself puppy shopping laugh.gif I've ordered a ex pen from Vebo and will get a second crate from them later on too; Brown Dawg's 42" crate on wheels has been brilliant over the last three years. I also love grippa leashes and got a couple of the finer 3/4" ones. I've got really light webbing ones for initial on-lead stuff like toileting.

The girls have yellow, pink, white and purple collars.

So I met the breeder of our new pup on the weekend and was sooo happy :)

The lady was lovely and answered all of our questions. I also met a couple of her dogs ( at the show) and was so impressed with the temperament of her dogs. Such healthy, happy dogs.

We are going next weekend to meet our little pup and after meeting the breeder and some of her dogs in person I KNOW it will be the right pup for us :)

This is going to be a longggggggggggg week!

gy4aduja.jpg

The ex pen for the newest family member arrived today; norty brown dawg has decided he likes it and played a game of 'yer out, yer in' with me :)

Gotta mention every wire product we've bought from Vebo Pets has been excellent quality!

The next big purchase is a crate: we're getting a 36" for the pup for when she grows out of her travel crate. She'll then migrate from sleeping in the travel crate next to my bed, to a big girl crate in the lounge room.

Just paid for my puppy today!! And he comes home next week. Sooo excited!! I was so worried having missed on a previous litter to a different breeder, however as luck has it the dog I always imagined , I finally got by chance. Now I can finalise all his bedding and toys (it's like I've just had a baby). My heart goes out to those who are waiting on news only to find out they miss out and have to keep on waiting/looking. I'm glad things worked out this way in the end.