Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

We're getting a Boston terrier puppy in 2 weeks! Sooo excited!! We also have a cat who doesn't like strangers but seems to be fine with other animals so I think he'll love his little sister.

She'll be my first pup so I can't wait. Reading the forums like a mad person atm trying to remember tips on what to do.

Maggie moo, can I suggest a baby gate so that your cat can get some down time from the puppy. Our puppy is 7 months now, and the cats are still escaping through the baby gate for their quiet time. Pup loves the cats but the nose bunting and licks can get a bit much for older cats. Plus I can confine the pup to one end of the house. Smaller area for toilet training etc.

Good luck to everyoney with pups on the horizon.

Good to see that this thread is up and running ☺ I am collecting our big boofy yellow Lab pup in about 6 weeks and I'm very excited! I'm able to visit the pups during this time which is making the wait a bit more bearable. Our two kids have no idea that we're getting him, we will surprise them with a 'drive to the country' one week before collection date to introduce them. Can't wait!! Our cats won't be pleased though..

That is such an awesome surprise :D

Kids will go nuts!

We're getting a Boston terrier puppy in 2 weeks! Sooo excited!! We also have a cat who doesn't like strangers but seems to be fine with other animals so I think he'll love his little sister.

She'll be my first pup so I can't wait. Reading the forums like a mad person atm trying to remember tips on what to do.

Maggie moo, can I suggest a baby gate so that your cat can get some down time from the puppy. Our puppy is 7 months now, and the cats are still escaping through the baby gate for their quiet time. Pup loves the cats but the nose bunting and licks can get a bit much for older cats. Plus I can confine the pup to one end of the house. Smaller area for toilet training etc.

Good luck to everyoney with pups on the horizon.

We've got one of those dog exercise pens for when we are out and can't watch her, but also looking to get a baby gate to block off the hallway to the bedrooms / carpeted areas :) Our cat is 2 and still playful but can imagine he won't like a puppy jumping on him haha.

Hi Pup arrives at Perth airport Friday, we are so excited. He is a Wiemaraner and will be nine weeks when he arrived. His name is Prince Amore. :)

We have a crate that is the same as the breeder uses. We don't have a play pen though so I am a bit concerned about that. Our back yard is Dog proof but not sure if it's puppy proof. I guess the little fella will let us know while we supervise him. We lost our female Weimaraner to cancer 6 months ago and the gap in our lives iss so huge (bigger than the grand Canyon) we will always miss our Willow.

Prince has already lifted the spirits in this house and our daughter is beyond excited but not as excited as me lol :D

Its been a very long time since a puppy has shared my life.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to vent a little here - I just found out today that I won't be getting to bring home a puppy in February. The breeder I have chosen carried out a mating that did result in a pregnancy but the initial scan only showed one puppy. We were warned that the pregnancy may not continue as one puppy is sometimes not enough to produce the required amount of hormones, but I was still hoping as I know initial scans don't show all the puppies.

But the pre-whelp scan showed that the pregnancy had ended. So even though I was somewhat prepared, I'm still sad. Much worse for the breeder of course, to go to all that trouble and expense.

So it will be a few more months yet. Oh well! At least I will have more time to prepare.

Hi all .

We are getting a labrador puppy in the first week of January . Incredibly excited about it all ! It's a little chocolate boy we are naming Benson, Benny for short , he will join our two cairn terriers . My oldest daughter and I are learning clicker training . We have been planning this for about 4 years . I pretty nervous as well . I have not had a large breed puppy since I was a child .

Anyone have any tips with labrador puppies ?

Edited by Dewclaws

Well, after the painful loss of my beloved Greta nearly 6 months ago, we should (all being well) be the parents of a new baby Rottweiler in February.

We currently have Samantha an almost 3 year old Rott, and little Jack a Cairn terrier x. Although we have the two dogs here, our house has not felt the same since we lost our beautiful Greta, and Samantha has missed her terribly, they were wonderful play partners and great company for each other. Little Jack is a bit too old and frail to play with Samantha in any real capacity, he likes to just sleep his days away inside or on the back deck now, and at 16 he has earned it.

I am very excited to take on the challenges of a new fur baby, this will be our third Rott, so we are only starting to get the hang of bringing up these gorgeous bundles of fun and turning them into well adjusted, playful, happy big dogs.

So, here's hoping all goes to plan and we can welcome our new bub around mid Feb,

Ray

• 1 month later...

Well since my last post (previous page), Anna has now passed away :(

Due to not having to consider her in our plans for a future dog now we have our name down for a Dalmatian pup hopefully to arrive in July. Hubby and I did our research before choosing the breed now Im studying everything else I can.

Well since my last post (previous page), Anna has now passed away :(

Due to not having to consider her in our plans for a future dog now we have our name down for a Dalmatian pup hopefully to arrive in July. Hubby and I did our research before choosing the breed now Im studying everything else I can.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope you have a good vacuum cleaner for all the Dally hair you are about to drown in :laugh: Worth it though. Beautiful dogs.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont have any photos Ive taken yet. I do have breeders photos, Ill get permission to share one.

His call name will be Marshall but we are unsure what his registered name will be yet.