Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Latrobe Pound (gippsland) - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Latrobe Pound (gippsland) anyone familiar with it?

#1 User is offline   Inka3095 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Evening all

I am wondering if any of you are familiar with, or know how the Latrobe Regional Pound operates?

I know they regularly post (and update) the cats and dogs they have there on their site (through the council site), but I can only assume that's so owners can find them if they've become lost

Even after being (lightly) involved with dog rescue in Victoria, and reading DOL religiously for many years, I still have no real idea how the pounds in Victoria operate (sigh)

As I now live in Traralgon, I feel I would really like to do something useful, but not sure how Latrobe pound works in relation to releasing dogs that have done their time there, or if they work with rescue, or if any recognised rescue groups work within this region

Would love some info, just so I can think about something useful I could do again instead of just reading this forum

This post has been edited by Inka3095: 25 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

#2 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...
  • State:NSW

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

You could go to the pound and ask them... I'm sure if you ask nicely for informational purposes, they'd be happy to talk to you...

T.

#3 User is offline   Pawfect 

• I didn't do it!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

I think VidDRG rescues from there...

#4 User is offline   Artemesia 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

Inka,

check the SADS website, they needed volunteers down at Latrobe to help with their bubs coming up to Melbourne. Maybe you can combine both :cheer:

kind regards

#5 User is offline   Inka3095 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the replies :laugh:

I have rung the pound, but each time I ring I don't think they really understand my enquiries, because I always get put through to the wrong people, and confuse the issue even more. Thought I'd check here before I go any further

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions