Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Alby Mangels Bull Terrier - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Alby Mangels Bull Terrier

#1 User is offline   old yeller 

• Forum Member
  • State:NSW

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

hi,
does anyone know any info about alby mangels dog called sam, ?

i remember watching his show on tv years ago ,

i would love to know were he got his dog from ?

he would of been the first bully i ever seen, and were i first started likeing bullys ,

#2 User is offline   Bully 

• Forum Regular
  • State:SA

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

View Postrabbitohs, on 6th May 2010 - 08:15 PM, said:

hi,
does anyone know any info about alby mangels dog called sam, ?

i remember watching his show on tv years ago ,

i would love to know were he got his dog from ?

he would of been the first bully i ever seen, and were i first started likeing bullys ,

Sam was my first introduction to Bull Terriers too, and also the original version of the movie "The Incredible Journey" :thumbsup:

No don't know where Sam came from or if he had papers. At the time Alby Mangels was living at Murray Bridge, so assume that he came from a SA breeder.

A few years ago as I was leaving the beach with Jessie, my previous BT I ran into a guy where I'd parked my car and he made a big fuss of Jessie, so we got talking. He was Alby Mangels mate Vic, in the World Safari movies ;)

#3 User is offline   DaffyDuck 

• 100% Beach Bum.
  • State:QLD

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think sam was just a good old bushie bull terrier, real athletic sort, Snowy he got in Capetown and was from a show breeder. You can really see the difference between the two.

#4 User is offline   Kempe 

• Forum Member
  • State:SA

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Is this the dog they threw out the car window for the sake of entertainment?.
There was one episode devoted to them being out in the middle of nowhere like a South American jungle and the dog apparently jumped out the car window at speed, and by sheer coincidence they had the camera running in the car at the time to capture it, the whole show then went on about Alby's attempts to get to a vet to save it's life with him going on about how much he loved the dog etc.
Afterwards the truth came out that the dog was thrown out the window but they didn't capture it properly on video so they did it a second time.

edit: just read this online...Mangels emphatically rejects the claim, saying it was a piece of malice from someone who wasn't paid after he went bankrupt.

This post has been edited by Kempe: 06 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

#5 User is offline   dogslife 

• Forum Regular

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

I met Alby years ago when I shared a property with John Fields....the other guy on the first trip.

Alby was "interesting".

All the women on the property decided to go camping to the furthest part of the property to avoid him.........at least that where we told him we were off to. :love:

We all stayed at one girls house well away from where he was staying and kept out of sight till he left. :grouphug:

Right royal pain he was.......

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions