Boarding Kennels In Sydney

lanabanana

We are quite new to Oz and have decided that this summer we are going to do a 3 week road trip up through queensland to Darwin and then back down through the middle.

I would like to take the dogs but we have decided it's probably best to leave them at a kennels.

We will do a one night stay in th enext month or so and then bwteen that and the trip we will do a weekend stay for practise and then they will do the 3 week stay.

I have been looking at net and so far I think Woodcroft kennels looks OK - I havent been to check it out yet but will do so in the next week or two.

Has anyone used this kennel and what are they like?

Or any other recommendations?

where abouts is calabash kennels?

oh really you can leave themn in your camp?

We have decided that its probably a bit tight to do all that in 3 weeks and will now drive up the east coast to townsville (a mate lives there) and then back down the same way but stopping in different spots

here

It is out Dural way, Arcadia. Great kennels though. Give me peace of mind.

thanks - look good

do you use them very often?

I am askign as whichever kennel we choose will be a regular place for whenever we go away so we want to ensure a good place where we can build a relationship. I am a real worry wart - probably because i am the main (only) carer of the dogs.

I even worry if i go away and leave the dogs at home with the man and child

here

It is out Dural way, Arcadia. Great kennels though. Give me peace of mind.

thanks - look good

do you use them very often?

I am askign as whichever kennel we choose will be a regular place for whenever we go away so we want to ensure a good place where we can build a relationship. I am a real worry wart - probably because i am the main (only) carer of the dogs.

I even worry if i go away and leave the dogs at home with the man and child

I have used them 3 or 4 times. We used another kennel with our old girl (now gone), and didn't have a very good experience, even though the kennels reputation was good. We have only put Heidi into Calabash, as, after much research, I finally felt comfortable with leaving her at this place.

The first time we left her there was for a week over the Christmas holidays 2 years ago. She suffered terrible diarrhoea due to a combination of being away from home for the first time, possible change in routine, although she was happy and appeared unstressed. We have since found out that she cannot eat anything with red meat in it, so the diarrhoea was no fault of the kennels at all.... just the kibble. I think they feed Royal Canin, which is a great food, but just didn't agree with our dog. We were updated daily on her condition, due to the fact that it was a heat wave week, and they knew I was worried. They looked after her perfectly, kept her well hydrated, and did medicate her for her runny poo eventually. We are allowed to take our own food out there for them to feed her.

When we picked her up, her condition was great, and I was very happy with their care. She has since been another 3 times, and all has been fantastic. Well worth it, for peace of mind.

Edited by VJB

Woodcroft and Meadowmist are down the road from me..........

What sort of dogs do you have?

I have heard only positive things about one of our forum members kennels, Pax. If you do a forum search you will probably find reviews and a contact. She is out near Windsor from memory, Londonderry?

A recommendation for Pax's kennel here too. I use it and have no idea what the name actually is :laugh:

If she cannot help, she recommends another - the name of which I have forgotten (which is no help at all!)

• 4 years later...

Please do not use Meadowmist at Marsden Park. We had a very poor experience with this kennel. I will not go into great detail just to say it has had a lasting effect on our family 12 months on. We are still utterly devastated to say the least. Please be careful where to place your pets.