Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

Hi all

as most of you are aware, as of July the neuter classes will be able to gain points towards their neuter championship.

Since the schedules are now out or July and august- has anyone noticed any kennel clus offering this class???

I know it will take a while with the scedules needing to be in long before the date of the event (about 6 months) but how can we encourage kennel clubs to host this class?

I for one am really keen to support this class and have quite a few friends waiting also! I am sure once the ball starts rolling it will be well supported.

Any ideas???

Edited by leopuppy04

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I'm seeing very few shows offering this, a couple have and a big :rofl: to them but really it should be mandatory!

Even now with the new rules Aziah?! Lets hope it picks up eh?!

I've been putting letters in with my entries, to encourage them to offer the class/es.

Sadly I'm seeing very few shows offering this, a couple have and a big :rofl: to them but really it should be mandatory!

Even now with the new rules Aziah?! Lets hope it picks up eh?!

I've been putting letters in with my entries, to encourage them to offer the class/es.

Yep even now there are very few :o

Great idea re letter with entries :D I'll start doing the same!

Personally, I agree that Neuter classes and Championships are a great idea for involving beautiful non-breeding dogs and their owners in the show scene but I 've also noticed a reluctance amongst show organisers to offer these classes. Why? It is my suspicion that pure snobbery is the reason. It's seems to me that organisers find it too much of an effort to offer "non-traditional" neuter classes. Owners of beautiful neuters are going to have to push hard before the neuter classes are a regular, normal offering.

Personally, I agree that Neuter classes and Championships are a great idea for involving beautiful non-breeding dogs and their owners in the show scene but I 've also noticed a reluctance amongst show organisers to offer these classes. Why? It is my suspicion that pure snobbery is the reason. It's seems to me that organisers find it too much of an effort to offer "non-traditional" neuter classes. Owners of beautiful neuters are going to have to push hard before the neuter classes are a regular, normal offering.

More a case of so badly supported when they where offered.All fine & dandy to say its snobbery but where are all these people when they where offered??

In my state the only ones whom seem to enter where people with retired veterans who figured they where going to the show anyway so they entered them.

More a case of so badly supported when they where offered.All fine & dandy to say its snobbery but where are all these people when they where offered??

In my state the only ones whom seem to enter where people with retired veterans who figured they where going to the show anyway so they entered them.

But the difference between then and now is people actually have something to show for entering the neuter class - they can now go to a show each weekend with the exact same intention as the rest of us- to gain championship (albeit for a Neuter title) points and thus become officially titled as an Australian Neuter Champion :rofl:

I don't think it's a case of snobbery, but as SP said, why would we support the classes when there was nothing to show for it. Now that there is a title attainable, then trial secretaries and committee members need to put behind them that it was *previosuly* not supported and at least try now that there is a new title. If nobody offers the class, then how are we to enter/ support this new title... or better yet - what's the point of it :eek:

I encourage everyone who IS interested in this class to let their trial secretaries know that it WOULD be supported if offered. Unless told we won't get our classes. Lets be a bit pro-active ;).

Even call those secretaries holding shows for Dec onwards and ask if they are going to be holding a neuter class.

Unless we show interest, then the previous comment of 'not well supported before' will hold strong. We'll assume nobody holds them, and stop looking for those classes, and then when they ARE being offered, we won't enter :rofl:.

WoooHooooo Murray Valley :rofl: :D :o:rofl:

FRIDAY 6, SATURDAY 7 & SUNDAY 8 AUGUST, 2010

Bugga - and I can't go as I have the state obedience trials :rofl:

But the difference between then and now is people actually have something to show for entering the neuter class - they can now go to a show each weekend with the exact same intention as the rest of us- to gain championship (albeit for a Neuter title) points and thus become officially titled as an Australian Neuter Champion :)

What she said :rofl:

I don't think it's a case of snobbery, but as SP said, why would we support the classes when there was nothing to show for it. Now that there is a title attainable, then trial secretaries and committee members need to put behind them that it was *previosuly* not supported and at least try now that there is a new title. If nobody offers the class, then how are we to enter/ support this new title... or better yet - what's the point of it :p

I encourage everyone who IS interested in this class to let their trial secretaries know that it WOULD be supported if offered. Unless told we won't get our classes. Lets be a bit pro-active :).

Even call those secretaries holding shows for Dec onwards and ask if they are going to be holding a neuter class.

Unless we show interest, then the previous comment of 'not well supported before' will hold strong. We'll assume nobody holds them, and stop looking for those classes, and then when they ARE being offered, we won't enter :o.

WoooHooooo Murray Valley :):rofl::eek: ;)

FRIDAY 6, SATURDAY 7 & SUNDAY 8 AUGUST, 2010

Bugga - and I can't go as I have the state obedience trials :(

Bummer. :(:(

I was not going to do Murray Valley but after seeing the neuter class will do it. Wil won last year and got a lovely prize but this year would be points. ;) :thumbsup:

Good luck BB - don't forget to put in a thank you note when you send off your entries :)

Good luck wil!!! You could have had a race out with Leo if they made it to 'in show' :rofl::eek: Now that's wishful thinking ;)

Wil will take Leo on any day but he would probably beat her coz he is such a spunk. ;) :thumbsup::o

Some clubs are reluctant because they are worried about how well it will be supported. I have three unused sashes from before the ANKC announcement in our spare bedroom. Trophies I can reuse, neuter sashes not so much.

Offering to donate the sashes and prizes will sort out those clubs from those for whom it is a specific issue with neuters. People who disapprove of the neuter title definitely exist, and some of them are on committees.

Perhaps here on DOL we can have a pinned thread where shows offering the neuter certificate are listed in a separate thread.

First shows that will offer the Neuter Champion points are the 6 show weekend in Alice Springs the first weekend in July.

Some of our lovely Neuter dogs will get a nice jump start to their title that weekend.

If Darwin and Alice Springs can afford the extra ribbons and prices with our entry numbers I don't like the cost being a factor for bigger clubs.

Can someone please send the details of the show that is offering the neuter classes, just had a look at Murray Valley international and could not find any Neuter classes, maybe I was looking in the wrong place or at the wrong schedule

Thanks SD