Custom Cages For The Back Of Utes

Norskgra

I bought a new car for the dogs today and I will probably pick it up in two to three weeks. It is a dual cab ute and I am getting a canopy on it. I wanted to be able to leave the tailgate down and rear window up at shows to let air in. I thought about getting a custom made 'cage', preferably divided, for the back so that the dogs could still be secure. Does anyone know where I can get one made?

Edited by Norskgra

Hi Norskgra :happydance:

I looked into getting a cage made for my dual cab ute a while ago, I know a place at Lonsdale custom makes them but I cant find their card atm.They were recommened by ARB 4x4 accessories. Try calling ARB they should be able to help :thumbsup:

Hi Norskgra :happydance:

I looked into getting a cage made for my dual cab ute a while ago, I know a place at Lonsdale custom makes them but I cant find their card atm.They were recommened by ARB 4x4 accessories. Try calling ARB they should be able to help :thumbsup:

Hi Miss Squish,

I will ARB a call on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Norskgra :confused:

I looked into getting a cage made for my dual cab ute a while ago, I know a place at Lonsdale custom makes them but I cant find their card atm.They were recommened by ARB 4x4 accessories. Try calling ARB they should be able to help :rofl:

I contacted one of the companies that ARB recommended and they seem really good. They will make the cage exactly how we wanted it and at a reasonable price. We have specific requirements and they were no trouble for them. They are even going to make a ramp for the dogs to get into the back and it will fit beside the cage.

• 1 month later...

I have had the ute for about one month and I am about to contact ARB for more recommendations again. The people I was going to use have badly let me down and I would not recommend them to anyone again.

Does anyone in Adelaide have any other recommendations?

Edited by Norskgra

Hopefully, google is my friend. I spent hours last night searching online for someone who would make a dog cage for me. I found a few possibilities. Today at work, I decided to ring one of them. This was the last company on my list but I decided to call them first for some reason. After talking to the owner, I found out that they actually make and install cages for a lot of the council ranger vehicles and the RSPCA amounst a lot of other things.

I decided to drop in there after work today as I had an early finish. I was impressed with the owner. He measured up while I was there. When I told him exactly what I wanted, he said that it wouldn't be any problem. I am just waiting for the quote but I am pretty sure I will go ahead and have them do it.

Edited by Norskgra

Sounds great! What kind of car do you have?

I'd be interested in getting something similar for my dual cab when I get it. The only requirement would that it needs to be removable, so we can go camping with it still.

I'd be interested in getting something similar for my dual cab when I get it. The only requirement would that it needs to be removable, so we can go camping with it still.

I have a SsangYong Actyon Sports 4 x 4 Dual Cab Ute. It is about one month old now. This is a photo taken the day I bought it and it was clean. :laugh:

04082010006.jpg

That was also one of the requirements for us too. I can give you the details once it has been completed and if/when we are happy with it if you would like. They are at Beverley. I can also let you know who not to use. :laugh:

Edited by Norskgra

I have a SsangYong Actyon Sports 4 x 4 Dual Cab Ute. It is about one month old now. This is a photo taken the day I bought it and it was clean. :)

That was also one of the requirements for us too. I can give you the details once it has been completed and if/when we are happy with it if you would like. They are at Beverley. I can also let you know who not to use. ;)

Awesome that would be great!

I'm getting a 1995 Holden Rodeo [next wednesday!! :D]