How Often Do You Feed Sardines And Eggs?

Boxer05

from what i understand, once and at most, twice a week --- that may however depend on who ya talk to or the breed of dog you are feeding...

personally, i would like a bible for the healthy and effective feeding of swfs just so i don't feel like i'm even close to failing them :rofl:

good luck :thumbsup:

One day a week we have sardines mixed with regular food and one day a week we have raw eggs with regular diet. :D

Young pups also get an extra egg meal of scrambled cooked eggs mixed with an appropriate puppy milk - they LOVE it! :o

Big meaty bones one day per week, chicken or turkey wings one day a week.

The other 3 days is a bit boring for them but I mix it up and often add an extra day of bones for variety. :D

Regular diet is my own BARF-type mix with veges, leftovers, chicken frame mince and Eaglepack or similar kibble. ;)

Oh - and shock horror!! - they also get a dog roll or pre-made balls occasionally. :rofl:

ETA: Even my most piggy dog won't eat whole fish.

Edited by t-time

Raw or scrambled egg once or twice a week, canned sardines or mackeral once or twice a week. Raw eggs with shell are also included in veggie slops that I give every day (approx 10 eggs in a batch that lasts me for around 8 weeks) so I guess that adds another egg to the weekly tally..

I feed my lowchens 2 eggs a week on different days and on sunday I always feed them whole fish. Kai always sardines because he doesn't eat any other fish, but Dino eats about any fish.

I have been warned off whole fish because of its high mecury levels. Not sure if that is correct or not.

I think I with feed them two eegs a week and 1-2 tins of sardines a week. Do people get them in oil or water?

I think I with feed them two eegs a week and 1-2 tins of sardines a week. Do people get them in oil or water?

I get them in oil, although once I accidently picked up the sardines in tomato sauce, and the dogs loved that. :eek:

Sardines - once each week, in water.

Eggs - this is mixed in their raw mix - 1 egg to around 500gms mince and veges.

Sometimes I will give them egg and yoghurt or egg and water/pet milk as a drink although this is only around once a month and it is 1 egg between 3 of them.

Edited by ~Anne~

I feed my lowchens 2 eggs a week on different days and on sunday I always feed them whole fish. Kai always sardines because he doesn't eat any other fish, but Dino eats about any fish.

I have been warned off whole fish because of its high mecury levels. Not sure if that is correct or not.

It depends on the fish, larger and older fish are of a much higher risk, but sardines are young fish and doesn't have that high level of mercury.

You can find lots of info about it on google, here's one page about it, but there are many more:

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/product...y/ucm115644.htm

It depends on the fish, larger and older fish are of a much higher risk, but sardines are young fish and doesn't have that high level of mercury.

You can find lots of info about it on google, here's one page about it, but there are many more:

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/product...y/ucm115644.htm

i also give raw pilchers and tommy ruffs for the same reason, they are young

Is there a limit on how often you can feed these? Shyla gets an egg daily and sardines most days to accompany her raw mince and bikkies (two meals)

Edited to add: since doing this for the last few months her itchy skin is a lot LESS itchy and her coat looks amazing, poos are perfect (ew, lol) etc

Edited by ~ShelleAndShyla~

S&S if it works keep doing it! :thumbsup:

I usually do around once a week, I get sardines in water as it is the fish oil in the sardines you are after not the soy oil added to the sardines if that makes sense.

One of mine cannot have egg, the other two do not eat raw egg at all! Semi cooked goes down well though.

I throw a whole raw egg in with some dry wibble usually twice a week, sometimes less. They get sardines, mackerals or salmon maybe twice, and kangaroo meat mixed with carrot and other vegies other nights. I sometimes have to scramble the egg for Mischa because she's too dainty for the yolk. :)

I feed a whole frozen sardine 2 or three times a week. I've just been given 2 dozen organic duck eggs. Anyone know if I can feed them to the dogs and how many?

Just expanding on different raw foods I am feeding my two girls. How often should I feed sardines and eggs?

I was feeding predominantly dry food, however Genevieve has dandruff, so I have been feeding her sardines in oil every second day and raw egg (with shell) mixed in with her kibble once a week. I have been doing this for about a month now and I have noticed that she isn't scratching anywhere near what she was and the dandruff is clearing up. I plan to keep this up until the dandruff has gone, then I will drop her back to sardines twice a week...

S&F - my dogs are between 4-7kgs and the diet I feed is on the first page :confused: 2 whole eggs a week each is not a biggy as far as weight is concerned. Mind you, I'll feed an egg on 2 different days - not 2 eggs in a meal. Often I'll make a big batch of scrambled eggs and divide that up for the dogs.

Unless I have puppies or oldies or health issues, the diet is the same and they get fed once per day. If anything, some of mine are on the tubby side - BAD MUMMA! :laugh: - but if your dogs are used to being fed twice a day and are a little overweight, you can feed a little less and divide that into 2 meals. I think the mistake a lot of people make is to feed 2 full meals each day when in reality the requirements of a smaller (toy) dog are much less.

As for tinned fish, I like sardines as they are small fish for my small dogs and it just depends on which tinned fish your dog will eat but I'm sure someone will come along with a scientific analysis of why one fish is better than the other. :laugh:

Hope this helps. :eek: