Man Charged Over Puppy Fraud

Quickasyoucan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this guy gets a decent punishment, so as to put unethical people off trying something similar. :laugh: That's the trouble with depositing money based on an on-lign advertisement, but that is usually the only way to secure a popular or rarer-breed puppy. The breeder usually advertises early, and wants a reasonable deposit on a puppy, to know that people are genuine. The thing is, that we are afraid to give out our address prior to the deposit being paid, because someone might be after just that, to steal our puppies! They would still be worth a lot, even without papers. A hard thing to change, when there are so many unethical people out there...They give the good people, and the ethical breeders, a bad name...And pls people, don't put a deposit on a puppy who is not even on the ground yet!!!

Just noticed a certain someone's breeder bashing website (the one with the name vewwwy similar to the name of a far more reputable pure breed site/forum *cough*) has been pruned down rather a lot.

Although he didn't actually bother to delete the pages, just removed the links from the menu and left them accessible by changing the URL. The n00b :laugh:

Just noticed a certain someone's breeder bashing website (the one with the name vewwwy similar to the name of a far more reputable pure breed site/forum *cough*) has been pruned down rather a lot.

Although he didn't actually bother to delete the pages, just removed the links from the menu and left them accessible by changing the URL. The n00b :laugh:

Can you message me the site please?

Me too, please

Although he didn't actually bother to delete the pages, just removed the links from the menu and left them accessible by changing the URL. The n00b :thumbsup:

Me too, please

Me three please! :)

Although he didn't actually bother to delete the pages, just removed the links from the menu and left them accessible by changing the URL. The n00b :)

Me too, please

Me three please! :hug:

Teehee. And me please.

Although he didn't actually bother to delete the pages, just removed the links from the menu and left them accessible by changing the URL. The n00b :)

Me too, please

Me three please! :hug:

Teehee. And me please.

Me too please??

• 2 months later...

29 fraud charges for Coast dog breeder

Leah Fineran | September 28th, 2010

A GOLD Coast bulldog breeder is now facing 29 charges for allegedly defrauding customers of more than $100,000.

Marius Ackerman, 41, of Pacific Pines sold pure-bred bulldog puppies online but buyers allegedly never received their pups.

Today, Mr Ackerman appeared in the Southport Magistrates Court and had a further 11 charges added to his 19 initial charges.

He now faces 29 charges of fraud and one count of possessing marijuana, with a 10-day committal set down from April 26.

Mr Ackerman's legal team argued the case should be a civil matter, not criminal.

He sought to vary his bail to allow complainants to contact his solicitors to discuss the disputed contracts.

Magistrate Ron Kilner granted his application but added a further condition that Mr Ackerman was banned from trading or selling British bulldogs and their semen by the internet or other ways.

Mr Ackerman declined to comment outside court.