Dr. Chris Brown On 7pm Project Tuesday Night...

Fevah

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done but...

My 10 year old son was in tears too, and my daughter left the room :laugh:

I wish the rspca woman had been a bit clearer in her response, she was asked what people should do ,and a clear answer would be" do not buy from petshop's or over the interenet" simple, but it was a bit cloudy.

I agree with this!

And often seeing the sire of a litter is difficult if he's interstate/overseas.

But otherwise I thought it was well done.

I was in tears too! Especially over the footage of the two Cav's at the vet! ;)

I REALLY liked how the lady from the RSPCA spoke about reputable AND registered breeders and mentioned that registered breeders can be unethical too!

I think it was great that they showed shocking footage and specifically linked puppy farms to websites and pet shops. I wish I has seen things like this in the media before we got Poppy. :laugh:

I wish the rspca woman had been a bit clearer in her response, she was asked what people should do ,and a clear answer would be" do not buy from petshop's or over the interenet" simple, but it was a bit cloudy.

I thought she did alright in her response actually, she mentioned both rescuing a dog from a shelter AND sourcing a registered and reputable breeder. And she did stress they must be reputable, as there are some who are registered that are not.

Not a bad segment all in all, well done :laugh:

ETA: Snap PoppyDog ;)

Edited by cassie

We've had a lot of people suggesting a story about puppy farms. Dr Chris Brown will look at the issue for us next week.

2:07 AM Sep 17th via web

Retweeted by 7 people

So it wasn't Chris's idea to begin with.?

I googled 7pm project puppy farm and there a few discussions going on ten forums, etc so at least its got people talking.

Does anyone know which puppy farm it was? We have a lot of them around here, including a couple of very big ones in Sale and Heyfield.

I thought it was a really well done piece, and the images spoke much louder than words ever could.

Does anyone know which puppy farm it was? We have a lot of them around here, including a couple of very big ones in Sale and Heyfield.

I thought it was a really well done piece, and the images spoke much louder than words ever could.

Lancefield maybe?

I dont think Dr Chris has had an original thought in his entire white tooth, beach blond dazzling life. The mans an idiot. One minute he parades a PP pup on TV, not caring about it's health and care issues, then when everyone dives on him for being so stupid he changes his tune and now he's making himself out the champion of the puppy farm dogs. FFS his show perpetuated the pit bull 'lock jaw' myth :laugh:

I'd rather give my attention to the people who have ACTUALLY put in the years of effort, time, and personal sacrifice like Debra Tranter. Not the TV tryhards to use it as a popularity contest. You watch, as soon as this blows over he'll be back to his old self in no time.

Edited by Nekhbet

my 7yo was in tears watching it too, was really quite upset by it, so we had a talk afterwards, when I told him that was why mum was against the pups we see in the pet shops, and why our animals come from good ethical breeders that we know and trust. Was happy that the RSPCA did not trot our their usual get one from us only line, but also said if you want a proper purebred dog, to do your homework and get one from a reputable breeder. Of course there was the promotion of him as well, but you would expect that, this is afterall their star they are trotting out doing a story, not a real journo, but at least as others have said, it gets it out there and in the peoples minds. Did also like him terming it a puppy factory scenario, as puppy farm does not necessarily have the same overtones in peoples minds, as they may still think of a farm being somewhere where the dogs can run around on acreage - calling it a factory brings the focus more to the point of it being a concrete enclosure production line - not rolling hills.

Nekhbet,

I agree in part with you, BUT we are educated people, most of the general public are not, I thought it was a great piece & yes he might be a bit of a prat but A LOT of people really like him, so why not use his popularity to highlight this awful practice.

I thought he did a great job with it no matter what his motives are/were.

I agree with Nekhbet. Chris Brown was way out of his depth. As we all know he sadly paraded a PP puppy on TV a while back and Ch 10 copped a lot of heat from animal lovers. They even pulled the segment off Youtube, such was the outrage. Perhaps he needed to repair his image somewhat. Can it be that this is the 'informed' TV vet we are now seeing??? There is no way, holding that puppy he did not know about breeding practices of animals in Petshops whether they be from a factory or a BYB.

At least we can take comfort that it would have hit a wide audience again, and if we need Chris Brown on the front of the vehicle like a Ken Doll then so be it! :laugh:

Edited by Pinkangel

I dont think Dr Chris has had an original thought in his entire white tooth, beach blond dazzling life. The mans an idiot. One minute he parades a PP pup on TV, not caring about it's health and care issues, then when everyone dives on him for being so stupid he changes his tune and now he's making himself out the champion of the puppy farm dogs. FFS his show perpetuated the pit bull 'lock jaw' myth :laugh:

I'd rather give my attention to the people who have ACTUALLY put in the years of effort, time, and personal sacrifice like Debra Tranter. Not the TV tryhards to use it as a popularity contest. You watch, as soon as this blows over he'll be back to his old self in no time.

Not a huge fan of Dr Chris in general due to his apparent stupidty on certain things but he is a public figure that the general public believe when he speaks about animal issues because he's a vet, he has his own tv show etc and so in doing a story on puppy farms and talking to people like Debra Tranter it has brought it more to the general public's attention, which is fantastic. And he is kinda hot in real life.......which sucks cos I still want to yell at him :laugh:

Nekhbet,

I agree in part with you, BUT we are educated people, most of the general public are not, I thought it was a great piece & yes he might be a bit of a prat but A LOT of people really like him, so why not use his popularity to highlight this awful practice.

I thought he did a great job with it no matter what his motives are/were.

Agreed :laugh: