Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food opinions pls-thinking of changing to this food

#1 User is offline   pinky11 

• Forum Member
  • State:NSW

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'm thinking of changing to this food but would love some Doler's opinions, i have contacted the NSW distributor for samples first :laugh:
thanx in advance

#2 User is offline   Remarkabull 

• Formally known as Dobesrock
  • State:NT

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I use it. I have 5 dogs of very different breeds and sizes and they all love it and look great. (I also feed raw) :heart:

#3 User is offline   Gayle. 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

I'm waiting on delivery of 40kgs, as I'm changing my dogs over to it. They loved the sample I was sent, it was a very generous size and I used it for a couple of meals and training treats.
I'll let you know how we go.

#4 User is offline   sas 

• www.greatdanerescue.com.au

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

Anyone have a link?

#5 User is offline   Gayle. 

• Forum Regular

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

http://www.riverland...olisticfood.htm

The price varies depending on who's selling it, I think, and whether delivery is involved. I am paying $75 for 20 kgs whch I think is extremely reasonable.

#6 User is offline   Sheridan 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :) I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

#7 User is offline   Staff'n'Toller 

• Vet Nurse/Dog Trainer/Agility

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

I've had a bag delivered this week but I have quite a bit of RC to use and then I'll be doing a 50/50 changeover for a while.

I hope that it continues to be available, and that my dogs like it & do well on it!

This post has been edited by Staff'n'Toller: 05 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

#8 User is offline   Staff'n'Toller 

• Vet Nurse/Dog Trainer/Agility

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

View PostSheridan, on 5th Oct 2010 - 09:46 PM, said:

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :) I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

For my Stafford girl I use RC Sensitivity Control (prescription diet) ingredients are Tapioca, dehydrated fish (blue whiting), vegetable fibres, hydrolysed poultry liver, animal fats, minerals, soya oil, Fructo-Oligo-Saccharides (FOS), fish oil, L-tyrosine, DL-methionine, taurine, marigold extract (source of lutein).

We don't seem to have a problem with the poultry liver as it's hydrolysed, it works well for her stomach and her skin so she won't be changing over to Black Hawk.

This post has been edited by Staff'n'Toller: 05 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

#9 User is offline   JulesP 

• Forum Regular

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

I don't have a problem at all with the actual product. Have used heaps of bags and have recommended it heaps but I do have a few problems with lack of straight answers about this product. i.e where has it come from.

#10 User is offline   Sheridan 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

View PostStaff'n'Toller, on 5th Oct 2010 - 11:03 PM, said:

View PostSheridan, on 5th Oct 2010 - 09:46 PM, said:

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :laugh: I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

For my Stafford girl I use RC Sensitivity Control (prescription diet) ingredients are Tapioca, dehydrated fish (blue whiting), vegetable fibres, hydrolysed poultry liver, animal fats, minerals, soya oil, Fructo-Oligo-Saccharides (FOS), fish oil, L-tyrosine, DL-methionine, taurine, marigold extract (source of lutein).

We don't seem to have a problem with the poultry liver as it's hydrolysed, it works well for her stomach and her skin so she won't be changing over to Black Hawk.

I've just got a bag of the RC for Grumpy. He ate the couple of bits I gave him this morning but then, he'll try anything once to see if it's edible.

#11 User is offline   WreckitWhippet 

• Forum Regular

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

View PostJulesP, on 6th Oct 2010 - 09:01 AM, said:

I don't have a problem at all with the actual product. Have used heaps of bags and have recommended it heaps but I do have a few problems with lack of straight answers about this product. i.e where has it come from.

I feel the same way. I like to make educated and informed decisions and don't just consider how well the dog does on it, but who manufactures a product, where it's made etc.

There are other foods that I won't use because of who makes them, where they are made or who distributes them.

I'd like to know

#12 User is offline   hungryhound 

• Forum Member

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

View PostReadySetGo, on 6th Oct 2010 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostJulesP, on 6th Oct 2010 - 09:01 AM, said:

I feel the same way. I like to make educated and informed decisions and don't just consider how well the dog does on it, but who manufactures a product, where it's made etc.

There are other foods that I won't use because of who makes them, where they are made or who distributes them.

I'd like to know

Black Hawk is manufactured in Australia, it is an exclusive formula, kept in plain packaging to keep costs low so that its affordable for all.

#13 User is offline   JulesP 

• Forum Regular

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

Another evasive reply.

#14 User is offline   JulesP 

• Forum Regular

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

This is were it is made - http://www.apfe.com.au/index.html

All Australian ingredients. Is made to be exported and is now being offered here.

#15 User is offline   spottychick 

• Forum Regular
  • State:TAS

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

Wasnt there another thread on this dog food just last week where the same and other issues were raised finishing up with someone saying they couldn't see why it was "holistic"? Or was that a different mysterious dog food?

I wouldn't risk it.

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions