Blood Blisters

sllebasi

11 year old female staffy seems to be getting a few blood blisters. the first one was about three weeks ago between her shoulder blades. Initially it felt like she had been stung by bee or wasp as it was swollen, but it was still there (a reddish lump) for approx three weeks. Put paw paw cream on it, but it didnt help, it does seem to hurt or be itchy when I touch it. In the end while combing her, I managed to break it and then it turned into scab and healed up. However she appears to have two more near her legs.

It doesnt appear to be near where collar is or in places where lying down can exacebate the problem. Any ideas why she might be getting these, and how to remove them?

Yes please for the photo and/or more info.

I was able to (probably shouldnt have) break one open, blood came out, and then once it scabbed over it disappeared. It did seem to first start from a bite of some description. Have found another one though, not as bad in different place. Cant put any more frontline on her yet as she has had two doses in the last month due to going to boarding kennels for two separate weekends.

no these ones are red and can be squished in between fingers and not break, they are similar to ????? a teat??? but in the middle of shoulder blades and there is one on her shoulder (not near where she can lie on dirt/grass)

the one i felt this afternoon felt like a tick, felt around a heap, and looked at it with magnifying glass and torch and when i rubbed over it, it just fell off. just by feeling it, it feels like a tick, will seriously monitor it, but am thinking it may be reaction to bee or wasp. will send email to vet tomorrow as well

Boof had one on the elbow of his front left leg, he had a 'callous' of sorts there and then this 'blood blister' looking lump that was very squishy developed. Tonight it busted all by itself and there is now a small hole where it was, I shall see what it is in the morning. They have tick collars on and it didn't look like a tick at all, it was a 'lump' or 'blister' of some description.

I would have posted a photo but didn't get one before it busted, damn it!!!

Will have a really good look over him in the morning (he's in bed now) and see what I can find, hoping there is no more but just in case!!

Sorry I know that doesn't help with what it is or is it normal. I only said tonight I was going to take him to vet tomorrow as it looked very strange then it popped by the next time i saw it. Depending what it looks like tomorrow we may well still go for a trip. If I find anything interesting out I will let you know.