Pure Red Kelpie (red Cloud Kelpie) Breeders Perth Wa

cal770

Hi guys and girls, i could really do with some help. I just lost my beautiful jess while we were on holiday to a 1080 bait. I am very upset by this, seeing as we were at a place that said dogs are welcome.

Any ways she was my working yard dog as well as my best mate. Im in perth at the minute but soon have to get another job up north to pay the bills and really need another pup to take with me to help me out and keep me company.

I really like this breed for there work ethics and loyalty to me. the colouring was pure rich red almost bronze in the sun with yellow eyes she was small for a kelpie. She was not much bite more bark but would never back down and always ready to work.

As i rescued her from not a very nice bloke i didnt no who the breeder was or where she came from.

if any body could help or knows of anyone in perth or WA who is a breeder or has a litter i would be grateful to hear from you

Thanks Cal

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your girl. It must have been horrific. I also recommend that you talk with Barbara Cooper from the Working Kelpie Council. The contact number is 02 9899 9224 - she spent ages and ages talking to me on the phone when I was looking for our little red and tan Hoover.

Just a warning though, given that the two tones seem to show up more often in the litters, they will caution you away from choosing for colour. If you keep an eye on the Breeders Notes page here, some of the breeders list the colours of their litters. Also, the breeders listing page here has contact numbers - you can phone them to ask if they have reds. Given that you want the dog as a work dog you'll probably find it slightly easier than I did - I was looking for a pet.

Sure you wouldn't like a little red and tan? They are the most gorgeous little bundles of Kelpiefulness ever. The solid reds are gorgeous but having a red right now might bring back sad memories for you and you'd be more likely to compare her to Jess ...

Finally - good luck. I really, really hope that you can get the pup/dog that you're looking for and Kelpies really are the most gorgeous, affectionate and loyal of dogs.

Edited by koalathebear

You could PM ♥Bruno♥ as I think she asked the same question about Kelpie breeders not long ago, she may be able to recommend a breeder for you - don't know if it was a Red Cloud or not though.

You might have to copy and paste her user name from this post to PM her as I couldn't work out how to make the little hearts in her user name :)

A little old lady who lives at the end of my road walks her old Red Cloud Kelpie up to the shop two or three times each day. I'm not sure who is older, the old lady or her kelpie as they walk at snails pace but obviously a nice little outing for them both :rofl:

Hi

♥Bruno♥'s 2009 thread is here, but she was looking for a black and tan, which is a lot easier to find.

Also, my thread from last month is here in which I was looking for reputable breeders for a red and tan Kelpie. I had to start my own thread because you can't post to threads that old. I ended up speaking to a lot of breeders, show and working line but probably the most useful conversation was my chat with WKC.

Edited by koalathebear

Thank you so much for the information. I do like red and tans but we use them alot up on the stations red kelpies have always been my dogs and another bitch could never replace jess she was one of a kind. for a dog to pick up work so fast shocked me seeing that where she came from so i would never expect a dog to live up to another.

I have read alot about red kelpies or as we in WA call them red clouds but i have scaned the whole internet and found no breeders. i was devistated when i lost jess because i was just thinking of breeding her.

why do they shy you away from choosing for colour? its betterthan my way, i sit with them and the cheekyest one out the litter il pick :thumbsup:

thats so funny about the old lady and her red sure shows how dogs are like there owners jess never sat still since the day i got her. Even in her sleep she would run and bark.

thank you for your help i have taken note and will have a chat with these people see if they can help me

Cheers Cal

Sorry about Jess, that must have been devastating.

Pure reds are generally more common in show lines these days rather than working, although they do exist.

I can't help with that particular colour but if I wanted a good working kelpie in WA I would probably be starting here.

Even if he doesn't have a litter on the ground he might be able to point you in another direction.

Most working breeders breed for working ability and temperament rather than particular colours - for me these would be the qualities I was looking for and colour irrelevant, although I understand wanting a dog that resembles another dog you have deeply loved - even though they will never replace Jess, you are right. Maybe another colour is just meant to be for you this time, I truly believe we get the dog we need rather than always the one we want.

I have a soft spot for black and tans but ended up with 2 red and tans that I wouldn't swap for the world.

Good luck in your search.

Edited by kelpiechick

thank you for the info. i have had other working kelpies and i understood the pure red are more for show but jess i have never had a dog like her she was always playfull but as soon as work was needed she was on the ball and ready to work, i sware she had some form of dog adhd but it worked very well because even when the other dogs are sleeping on the back of the ute i knew jes would be watchin looking for a call. fantastic dog and sadly missed. i was just putting it out there just to see if i could find out where her blood lines came from. i got her from mundaring area. if anybody knows of dogs around that area.

but i do understand what you mean if i went along to a litter and one bitch stood out to me i would have to get her even over a red

Thanks to all

Cal