Old Collie Rough Girl From Blacktown Pound

Despite the odds Bonnie is still going. She has masses of tumours in her abdomen now but it has not affected her at all yet. She is still eating so well, wandering around in her own little world, in fact several times she has wandered into the bush and I have had to chase her and shout at the top of my voice to get her attention and she turns and looks at me like 'what's your problem I know where I am' and then looks around and thinks 'how did I get down here' and slowly meanders back to the house. She is here in the study with me now with her jacket on that I am not allowed to take off her otherwise she follows me constantly until I put it back on and then she wanders off, she is such a funny little thing. The cancer is growing but she is not giving into it and is still the very independent Miss who will still have a go at them if they run into her when they are playing or worse still if they get on her bed, she stands and stares at them until they move, no matter how long it takes :)

post-3159-0-47076800-1311840672_thumb.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the odds Bonnie is still going. She has masses of tumours in her abdomen now but it has not affected her at all yet. She is still eating so well, wandering around in her own little world...

She is here in the study with me now with her jacket on that I am not allowed to take off her otherwise she follows me constantly until I put it back on and then she wanders off, she is such a funny little thing. The cancer is growing but she is not giving into it and is still the very independent Miss who will still have a go at them if they run into her when they are playing or worse still if they get on her bed, she stands and stares at them until they move, no matter how long it takes :)

If only we could bottle Bonnie's amazing spirit!

I just love the 'stare' that can 'laser' the other collies out of her bed. :)

She is beautiful. At least she can have a loving & comforting home at last. Does my head in trying to figure how anyone could do

this to such a wonderful animal so I have stopped trying. It just beggers belief. You are doing an amazing job! Give Bonnie a cuddle

for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Bonnie woke up from a nana nap and her legs were sliding all over the place and she head was swaying from side to side. I picked her up and carried her outside off the timber floors hoping that she would get better grip on the solid floor. I stayed with her for ages and she settled down a bit so I laid her down and continued on with getting the others their tea. Next thing she is in the kitchen so I gave her some treats and she seemed reasonably OK, still nowhere near normal but at least she had negotiated the doggy door and the timber floor down to the kithcen. Next thing she is in my bedroom on one of the covers so I gave her her tea there but she did not seem to be able to find the food :(.

I took her to the vets yesterday by which time her head had stopped moving from side to side, it was just on an angle and her walking was still unsteady but so much better. I vet said that she had had a central nervous situation and sometimes the body moves past this and gets back to a place that is not as she was before the incident but an improved version of the aftermath of the incident.

The cancer is huge :( She has had an injection for the pain including coristone to relieve the inflammation. She still has problems getting food into her mouth so I open her mouth and put it in and sometimes she gets the idea, other times she drops it out of her mouth and walkaway so I am like some stalker following her around trying to shove food in her mouth.

She needs to know where I am and sticks pretty close. It seems like a million years ago but it was only on Wednesday morning that the guys putting the fences up had the gates open and Bonnie wandered down to the bottom of the area and out the bloody gate. So there is me and the other Collies all chasing her, I get her to turn her around to head back into the yard and she find the other gate open so she heads down that way to say hello to the guys and see if they have any food for her. I am following her calling her name and then she had 3 big burly men trying to round her up, it was typical Bonnie as she had us all laughing.

She has put on 9 kilos since December, some of this is the cancer but she has such a good covering on her ribs and her coat is magnificent. The vet was so impressed at how good her condition is considering the cancer but then this is Bonnie and she likes to surprise us all. I know it is only the 2nd morning but I so miss opening up the blinds and seeing her playing with Maddie and Angus, her jumping around and trying to bit their ears and legs. She is better today so paws x'd that she continues to fight this and we have more time with this beautiful girl :) :)

:( Hy heart was racing when I opened this thread thinking it may of been not so good news.

I am keeping everything crossed for beautiful Bonnie. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Please pass on a gentle hug from me and hugs to you aswell. She is blessed to have found you. :hug:

:( Hy heart was racing when I opened this thread thinking it may of been not so good news.

I am keeping everything crossed for beautiful Bonnie. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Please pass on a gentle hug from me and hugs to you aswell. She is blessed to have found you. :hug:

Although its not real good news at least she is still here and she had several slices of cheese and devon so she is eating, drinking and doing her business. She is now sound asleep on the floor here in the study, she really is one amazing girl and I heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif her to pieces. Gentle hugs given and smile received back so thank you K9angel :)

Keep those crossfingers.gifcrossfingers.gifcrossfingers.gif, she needs all the help she can get now.

Exactly this...

I keep checking in here. Thanks for all your hard work and your beautiful updates on gorgeous Bonnie.

Thanks for all the hugs, Bonnie is smiling even if her head is a little lopsided. She is eating but not very much, just sleeping lots :(

Dog love her. I wish there was something I could do to make her all better. :(

Me too :(

:hug:

You're doing so much already Judy. Loving her and being there for her would mean the world to her, and is probably what has got her this far.