Old Collie Rough Girl From Blacktown Pound

There have been a couple of times where one of the other Collies have run into her and knocked her over as they have turned to chase a ball and she has been right in their path, well she goes after them and grabs a mouthful of their fur and has such a cranky look on her face, it's so funny watching her seek revenge :laugh:

Don't mess with Gran! is her motto.

I love her fighting spirit. :D

No wonder she's doing so remarkably well, in the face of cancer.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a couple of times where one of the other Collies have run into her and knocked her over as they have turned to chase a ball and she has been right in their path, well she goes after them and grabs a mouthful of their fur and has such a cranky look on her face, it's so funny watching her seek revenge :laugh:

Don't mess with Gran! is her motto.

I love her fighting spirit. :shrug:

No wonder she's doing so remarkably well, in the face of cancer.

I too love her spirit :):( . She loves it so much here with the other Collies and inside the house with a full belly twice a day, she is determined that she is not giving it up without a fight, beautiful old lady :rofl:

I too love her spirit :):( . She loves it so much here with the other Collies and inside the house with a full belly twice a day, she is determined that she is not giving it up without a fight, beautiful old lady :laugh:

These wonderful Gran (& Gramps) dogs are inspirational. We keep saying they finish up giving us more than we can ever give them. :shrug:

I too love her spirit :o ;) . She loves it so much here with the other Collies and inside the house with a full belly twice a day, she is determined that she is not giving it up without a fight, beautiful old lady ;)

These wonderful Gran (& Gramps) dogs are inspirational. We keep saying they finish up giving us more than we can ever give them. :)

They sure are and they sure do, so much more ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update on Bonnie the little Collie :laugh:

Bonnie is quietly enjoying living in the country, I attach a picture of her taken this morning with her little jacket on to keep the cold off her back. She has good days and bad days but generally she is amazing. Her coat is growing quite long now and is thickening up ready for a Rydal winter I think. Most days she has 2 full meals and anything else that is being offered. If I am running late getting her breakfast she simply stands there staring at me until I get up and get her something to eat. She sleeps on a big fluffy doona in my ensuite having claimed that position and doona as hers. She doesn't play with the other Collies but she is always trotting around with them and is always with me and the pack when I am doing things around the property. The horrible smell has gone now that she is kept clean, brushed and on good freshly cooked meals everyday.

She is such a beautiful girl I am thankful for every day that she stays well and happy :o:rofl:

post-3159-1304581783.jpg

She is beautiful.

I've been following her story so I'm pleased that she is doing so well.

I lost my first dog (of my own, not a family dog) a rough collie, when he was 16 yrs old nearly 25 years ago and he too was a beautiful, gentle soul.

She is beautiful.

I lost my first dog (of my own, not a family dog) a rough collie, when he was 16 yrs old nearly 25 years ago and he too was a beautiful, gentle soul.

Scarlet, I think that all Collie Roughs are beautiful gently souls :rofl:

What about Keelie Judy :laugh::o:rofl:

Don't waste time, breath or effort trying to understand or hoping Bonnie's previous people will be visited by wrathful entities :heart:. We will never understand.

Bonnie has you now and that is all that matters. I am sure animals live in the present and all she will know from now on is your love and care, a happy tummy, a soft warm bed and loving snuggles.

Well done.

Seconded

Isn't she pretty

She is beautiful.

Scarlet, I think that all Collie Roughs are beautiful gently souls :rofl:

What about Keelie Judy :eek::):(

:thumbsup: you are so funny Kel, its lucky I have a long memory :rofl::rofl:

What about Keelie Judy :) :) :)

Well if Judy would just listen to me :D and on DCH websie advertise Keelie as:

"suited to a family moving to Alaska to enter her in the Itarod" she just may find the perfect home! :) ;) :(

Love sttrrin' ya up Jude! ;)

BB.