Boarding Kennel Gold Coast

A's Ma

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a dog boarding kennel in the Gold Coast region. While I've looked on the internet and know where they are, I don't know what they are like and am seeking reviews.

Many thanks,

Michelle

if you want to pay a bit extra, bark royale pet boutique at nerang is quite good, they have luxury and regular suites, they go out twice a day, and u can pay more for a group play (not on the first visit though) and they do bush walks, swimming lessons and trips to the beach. I did find out that their play time in the morning and arvo is approx 10 mins, though when its not busy i think its up to 1/2 an hour. having a working dog breed, i decided that place wasnt for me, he needs more than 20 mins a day to play. but i would definatly take a dog of mine that was quieter and didnt require so much exercise. the place is very clean and the pple are very friendly :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

We're taking our two dogs to Tweed Valley Pet Resort this weekend, we preferred them over Bark Royale because they will exercise our two dogs together in the exercise area and will not add any other dogs into the mix. Will let you know what it is like :-)

Thank you all for the input so far. :laugh: I'm looking for something the QLD side of the border.

I'm going in May but unfortunately in this instance I can't use a dog sitter, which I know would be ideal.

Yes mish13, would really appreciate the PM on ones to avoid!

We have used Gold Coast Boarding Kennels & Cattery in Labrador and Rosemary, the lady who runs it, is lovely.We have also used Nerang Pet Resort and recommend them as well.

Thats funny you should say that I would have avoided both of those kennels, Labrador especially. I put my dogs in there once and had to take them all to the vet as soon as I picked them. They were all sick with kennel cough

We have used Gold Coast Boarding Kennels & Cattery in Labrador and Rosemary, the lady who runs it, is lovely.We have also used Nerang Pet Resort and recommend them as well.

Thats funny you should say that I would have avoided both of those kennels, Labrador especially. I put my dogs in there once and had to take them all to the vet as soon as I picked them. They were all sick with kennel cough

One of our girls picked up kennel cough from Alidas. Then the other girl contracted it shortly after. This was ages ago.

I do find them good but was a bit nervous about the cane fields being right next door with snakes and cane toads.

• 8 years later...

I can't speak highly enough about my dog boarding kennel - Abbeyyards Boarding Kennel. I have been going to them for some time now. My previous 2 dogs who have since passed, but more recently my 3 year old Chow Chow Indigo. I just came back from a 3 week holiday of which I was very apprehensive about leaving her for such a long time and upon picking her up, I was convinced I would never need to fret - regardless of time spent away. Abbeyyards Boarding Kennel kept in touch with me whenever I emailed, sending me photos, and keeping me up to date with her wellbeing whilst I was away. They have very loving and attentive staff and I am so very pleased with their care. I guess I should of known this already since she literally pulls me to their entrance where she is greeted enthusiastically by cheerful and genuine dog lovers. A+++