New Qantas Travel Requirements/crates

Dogsfevr

Its a shame that with all the changes there is still nothing which stops rescue putting dogs straight from the pound on flights with 8-12 week old puppies. :laugh:

Oh but didn't you know they saved a life, yeah and bloody well risked plenty of others in the process. :thumbsup:

I have no respect for those who take straight from the pound and put them on planes. THINK PEOPLE!! :laugh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just purchased a pp30 pet plastic carrier apparently international airport approved (arrived this week). It has the water container but no drip tray. Given that the bottom is solid plastic with no holes for spills to escape, does that mean it doesn't require a drip tray? I don't want to get to the airport and find it doesn't meet the new standard. Anyone had any experience with this?

Edited by shazlm64

I have just purchased a pp30 pet plastic carrier apparently international airport approved (arrived this week). It has the water container but no drip tray. Given that the bottom is solid plastic with no holes for spills to escape, does that mean it doesn't require a drip tray? I don't want to get to the airport and find it doesn't meet the new standard. Anyone had any experience with this?

It sounds like you have been sold an old style. There will be lots of this stock to clear. It is not up to the new regs.

Hi,

Im flying a large breed to Melbourne in March via Qantas. was told that I would have to use a wire crate, are they pulling my leg, or would I be able to use a large - xlarge vari kennel....Have tried calling AAE in perth, who I did the booking through, but they arent answering their phone.

It sounds like you have been sold an old style. There will be lots of this stock to clear. It is not up to the new regs.

So does this mean that any PP40 without a drip tray and water container is not suitable for flying?

Can you buy the drip trays and water containers separately???

I have 3 and don't really want to replace them all!!

Hi,

Im flying a large breed to Melbourne in March via Qantas. was told that I would have to use a wire crate, are they pulling my leg, or would I be able to use a large - xlarge vari kennel....Have tried calling AAE in perth, who I did the booking through, but they arent answering their phone.

Sarah all the details are on there website,basically it is the same as Virgin except Qantas crates can be 4 cm taller

Either vari or solid wire

It is not mandatory to have litter tray/drip tray. The Litter tray only allows for moisture to pass to bottom of crate whilst keping the animal dryer.

Interesting about the ''must have water container'' - I was at Brisbane AAE this morning and water still wasn't permitted in the crate. So water contrainer is a must have, you just can't put water in it??

Yes, I had a frozen bottle - but this is a solid object loose in the crate which is not allowed.

Not if you tie it to the door of the crate! Qantas will only take brachys for short flights anyway...I think I will stick with Virgin.

I had surgery last week, on a couple of fingers and thumb on my right hand. Having physio and they have broken another finger, so more surgery next week! and more delays, especially in typing with left hand only so please accept apology if taking longer to respond to your requests.

I believe I have now forwarded Pms to all people who have made enquiries re purchasing new crates. If you haven't received PM please make contact with me directly.

Many thanks for your understanding.

I collected my bitch from Brisbane on Tuesday and she had a plastic water container in the crate with water in it.

The bitch was consigned from Melbourne.

The bitch was not sent to Melbourne with a water container.

Due to temperatures in Melbourne on Tuesday water containers and water were placed in all crates for pets we transported.

Both Qantas and Virgin were extremely good in allowing crates to have water containers added before crates were sealed, once sealed the containers stayed, plus at the freight buildings all animals were placed in the cooler parts of their buildings. Airconditioned where possible to help keep them cool.

:) for both airlines.

A new consignment of PP50 crates have arrived. Priced at $88.00 incl GST. Delivery extra.

available from where ??

Prior arrangements for pick up can be made by PM me for arrangements for delivery, including at shows at Bulla or KCC Park.

Edited by wayrod

• 1 month later...