" Mack " ~ Aka The Old Boy From Renbury~ Rip 19/10/11

julzjc

Alot of people will remember Mack from Renbury. He arrived in an awful condition at 11years old. He was extremly underweight, his skin was like thick leather and he was covered in open pressure sores from years of neglect. Despite it all he still remained one of the sweetest dogs ever at Renbury, even playing and taking the young shy pup in the next run under his wing. Unfortunatly Mack developed a bad case of Kennel Cough just days before he was due to be released. With lots and love and care from all the Staff at Renbury and a strong will, he pulled through and went to his forever home with "Cathya".

To Cathya and Brumby for saving this beautiful big boy, a GIGANTIC THANKYOU from all of us that fell in love with Darling old Mack. You truely are Angels!

I will hand this thread over to Cathya for all of the lovely updates on dear old Mack....

post-33606-1299045693_thumb.jpg

post-33606-1299045709_thumb.jpg

post-33606-1299045721_thumb.jpg

Edited by julzjc

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mack is certainly a heartbreaker, before I'd even got him home from Renbury I was so in love - he is an adorable and gentle boy and has the most beautiful face.

Mack's first week was so busy. We went straight to the vets on the way home from Renbury because I didn't know if he'd make it through the night (f I'd had an ambulance he would have been in it).

Mack had all sorts of problems - to mention a few he had huge pressure sores on his so bony hips, a major yeast infection in his ears, oedaemas from the infection (so we thought) and hardly any hair on his matted and dirty old coat. BUT... he had a good heart, no heartworm, he loved the car trip home (with his head hanging out the window enjoying the breeze and the view) - in between falling over every five minutes. He was welcomed in a minute by my dog family at home (pups and oldies alike).

In the first 10 days Mack put on 12 kgs going from 29 kgs on day one (18th Feb) to 41 kgs on the 1st of March. He loves his food - especially if I put a sprinkle of grated cheese in it! He started his twice weekly Malaseb baths at the groomers and his coat started to shine. He got so many hugs from me and so many kisses from the puppies that he was probably sick of us within a day. But, he wagged his tail whenever I spoke to him, started to take slow runs when I called him and the high point, started putting his head on my leg and gazing at me and following me everywhere I went.

For the record, I want to mention Brumby who without her wonderful support Mack would still be in Renbury (lovely place but he needed out).

Brumby supported me in making this rescue and has kept in constant contact re Macky's progress.

I love you to bits Brumby for helping me save the most special dog I've ever met!

Mack had an early review at the vets yesterday because his right foot continues to swell. He had xrays today and we hoped it would be a fracture gone wrong. Sadly for beautiful Mack and for us that love him, Mack has bone cancer in his right hip area and a secondary fracture. At this point in time, he is happy and not in obvious pain so he will be on AIMs and pain medication and we will be just giving him all the love in the world and seeing how he goes. All your love and prayers for this gorgeous boy are welcome at the moment.

Dearest Mack - what a heart breaker. Thank you to everyone who has helped this special boy. Cathy, I know you will ensure his remaining time is the happiest and most comfortable of his life. Thank you for that.

Is he a Shepherd cross?

thats just plain cruel.................................making us wait for photos!! :confused::laugh:

So sorry Too Far North, after several atttempts to upload or is it download his photos I gave up and asked Julz for heolp. She will put them on about 9 pm, after she gets home.

Dearest Mack - what a heart breaker. Thank you to everyone who has helped this special boy. Cathy, I know you will ensure his remaining time is the happiest and most comfortable of his life. Thank you for that.

Is he a Shepherd cross?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a full shepy but its hard to tell with his age and condition. His remaining time will be drowned in hugs and more hugs and more hugs again. We love him here and he is certainly happy here. He has 7 other dogs (including pups) that fuss over him not to mention my incessant I love you's and cuddles. Julz and I were hoping Macky's thread would be all positive about his ongoing recovery, which after a week seemed evident, but sadly it may not be. However, I will still be putting up info on his antics (which are many) and his adventures! He loves getting out in the car and runs (albeit slowly) to the front door whenever I get out the lead so there is certainly plenty of spunk left in this beautiful dog!

I just wanted to say Thank You.

He and the Karma will repay you for your kindness.

Bless you for helping him.

Thanks so much HonBun. I have already been repaid....nothing and no-one has ever touched me like this boy! I wonder if he actually rescued me.

This is a beautiful story. Even though he has the bone cancer it is still beautiful. All dogs have to pass on at some time and even though you might have Mack for a little less time than you'd like your love and care now far surpasses anything else he has experienced with previous owners. This is the time he will remember and this is what he deserves as a companion animal. To me that is beautiful. I am glad you found each other. (and yes there is something in my eye right now....)

Alyson

XXX

This is a beautiful story. Even though he has the bone cancer it is still beautiful. All dogs have to pass on at some time and even though you might have Mack for a little less time than you'd like your love and care now far surpasses anything else he has experienced with previous owners. This is the time he will remember and this is what he deserves as a companion animal. To me that is beautiful. I am glad you found each other. (and yes there is something in my eye right now....)

Alyson

XXX

Thank you Alyson, today has been a hard day (and my eyes have been filled with tears for a large part of it) but your words really touch me. Yes, I am glad we have found each other too. How fortunate I feel to have Mack in my life.

I am so sorry to hear he has cancer CathyM. It's great to hear he is putting on weight though, that has to be a good sign.

Thankyou from me too for giving him a loving home to spend out his life. :confused: He's probably never had so much love and attention in his life prior to you coming along.

Heaps of hugs to you & Mack. :laugh:

Alyson

XXX

Ditto on all the above.....................Mack looks to be in heaven at your home..

I looked at his pics and my heart went out to him...............

I put this on a Facebook comment this morning for a friend who had a horse run through a fence last night and broke his leg..........and yes it was his time to go to the bridge BUT................he was also a rescue and knew that there were people who loved him and would do anything to make his time happy it seems appropriate to repeat it here..

In life we don't understand the reasons

but I truely believe we meet for a reason and sad as we feel we all have a big plan....

Enjoy the time he has with your wonderful family there is nothing like the love of a senior rescue to make you happy

that you are involved.

And sometimes we dont know how long any of us have......................so enjoy all the time with him.

I am so sorry to hear he has cancer CathyM. It's great to hear he is putting on weight though, that has to be a good sign.

Thankyou from me too for giving him a loving home to spend out his life. :confused: He's probably never had so much love and attention in his life prior to you coming along.

Heaps of hugs to you & Mack. :laugh:

xx thank you from me and my Macky, he loves hugs and I could do with some too after today xx

Alyson

XXX

Ditto on all the above.....................Mack looks to be in heaven at your home..

I put this on a Facebook comment this morning for a friend who had a horse run through a fence last night and broke his leg..........and yes it was his time to go to the bridge BUT................he was also a rescue and knew that there were people who loved him and would do anything to make his time happy it seems appropriate to repeat it here..

but I truely believe we meet for a reason and sad as we feel we all have a big plan....

Enjoy the time he has with your wonderful family there is nothing like the love of a senior rescue to make you happy

that you are involved.

And sometimes we dont know how long any of us have......................so enjoy all the time with him.

Thanks so much Ellie's mum - your words make me cry. Mind you I have been crying for a few hours now but tomorrow is a new day for Macky and I and he, Wal (my wolfy cross boy and Macky's new best mate) and I are probably going for a road trip - Mack LOVES road trips! He hangs his head out the window with the biggest doggy smile you can imagine.

Alyson

XXX

that you are involved.

Thanks so much Ellie's mum - your words make me cry. Mind you I have been crying for a few hours now but tomorrow is a new day for Macky and I and he, Wal (my wolfy cross boy and Macky's new best mate) and I are probably going for a road trip - Mack LOVES road trips! He hangs his head out the window with the biggest doggy smile you can imagine.

ENJOY.............................