julzjc

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeh, he's da man alright!!

You have done a wonderful job, just to think that a neglected dog can have some quality of life, no matter how long that may be, and I am hoping he may surprise you yet, but yes he is old, I know.

Good work Cathy, Mack looks amazing.

:thumbsup:

OMG what a unbelievable transformation :thumbsup: Just look at his coat :)

I've shed a few tears also reading this thread.

When you see these poor oldies that have obviously been in real pain, uncared for and unloved for many years, they just break your heart. Mack looks to be so deserving of your care and devotion Cathy. Your a bloody champion and an angel :hug:

• 2 months later...

It is with unbelievable sadness that I let you all know that yesterday I lost my gorgeous boy Mack. Those of you that knew my Macky knew that at 11.5 years of age, he struggled with aggressive bone cancer and its associated problems. Mack has, and I'm sure will always be, my most rewarding and heartbreaking rescue ever. He has been my dearly loved friend and a dearly loved and respected member of my doggy pack. We all miss him terribly. I read a post recently about rescue making you lose your mind but find your soul. I found my soul with this boy. Having Mack in my life has changed me - for the better I think. I have never felt such compassion and love as I felt with Mack in my life. The vet told Macky yesterday that he should have been a 'gladiator' because of his determination to survive all odds but sadly yesterday my gladiator got too tired of the fight. I am heartbroken (and my doggies at home are fretting terribly over his absence).Please say your most heartfelt prayers for my beautiful gladiator boy and pray that he is running pain free and that he knows how loved and missed he is xxx

:cry: Rest easy over the Rainbow Bridge sweet Prince :rainbowbridge: , Bonnie will be waiting for you to come and play now you are pain free.

You were such a warrior Mack and will never be forgotten, not ever! Missing your antics from Cathy already big boy. Huge hugs Cathy, to you and all of your tribe. What you did for Mack, all the love, care and happy times you gave him, you are an Angel. Thinking of you beautiful lady, Julzx :cry:

Edited by julzjc

Just read this thread from beginning to end and can't stop crying for the lovely Mack and for you Cathy for having cared enough to rescue him and to have given him probably the best moments of his life.

RIP Mack and take care Cathy - you are amazing!