" Mack " ~ Aka The Old Boy From Renbury~ Rip 19/10/11

julzjc

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The transformation is astounding. What a great old guy. I am so glad he found safe harbour for his senior years. I know there is always a lot of discussin about the ethics of taking old/sick/damaged dogs vs young, healthy ones, but seeing such a sad old dog transformed into a happy old dog makes so much emotional sense even if it can't be explained logically.

Dogs live so much in the present that maybe, being happy now for this old boy warmth and comfort are his whole life and there are no bad memories.

Oh he is so gorgeous and he looks like he is transformed. He has now got the twilight years he so deserves. :rofl:

Thanks frenzied1, this is not the first time your kind words have helped me through this so happy and so sad time for my Mack - thank you so much for being there x

The other reason I'm posting is to tell you all that Mack just loves Medwyn Goodall - Medicine Woman CD. He goes to sleep whenever I put it on and lays next to the speakers - it is so funny considering it's also MY relax music! So...he's not just smart, or handsome, or loving, he's also got good taste :laugh:

Oh he is so gorgeous and he looks like he is transformed. He has now got the twilight years he so deserves. :rofl:

Thanks frenzied1, this is not the first time your kind words have helped me through this so happy and so sad time for my Mack - thank you so much for being there x

The other reason I'm posting is to tell you all that Mack just loves Medwyn Goodall - Medicine Woman CD. He goes to sleep whenever I put it on and lays next to the speakers - it is so funny considering it's also MY relax music! So...he's not just smart, or handsome, or loving, he's also got good taste :laugh:

Maybe you are soul mates, what a wonderful connection you have I love hearing the updates about him.

Not a super clear pic of Macky but a very gorgeous one - laying on his bed near the CD player listening to relaxation music with his little pup mate Lady Lamington!

When I first met this boy at Renbury...I cried. When I look into this thread...I cry, but for different reasons. I haven't posted before because then you'll all know I've been crying....but dammit this is just too gorgeous to not comment....and yes, I'm crying!!! Well done doesn't begin to cover it.

I am crying too so you are not alone, my tears are happy ones to see just what a handsome old man he is now he is loved.

Cathya big hugs to you and to people like you that open there homes to the dogs no one wants because its all to hard.

Edited by mish13

I am crying too so you are not alone, my tears are happy ones to see just what a handsome old man he is now he is loved.

Be warned - long mushy post to follow:

Yes, I cried too when I met Mack and most of the way home and at the vets when we arrived there (on the way home) and numerous times again in the first couple of weeks Mack was here. But I find I don't anymore because he makes me laugh. He nudges me hard to pat him when I'm on DOL and doesn't give up until I stop and focus on his pat. He wags his now furry tail like mad and tries to bounce around like the rest of the pack when I arrive home from work. He is so strong that I have to battle him to get out the front door without him - he makes a bolt for the door if I even move a lead an inch. He knows where the treats are kept and manipulates me beautifully when he wants one (cuddling up and gazing into my eyes then running to the treat cupboard). He will stand for an hour if I'm brushing him or scratching his head then look at me as if I've ripped him off when I stop no matter how long I've been brushing or scratching him for. He howls like a giant wolf whenever an ambo goes nearby with it's siren blaring (and starts the whole pack off howling). If I get too close he gives me a big slobber kiss right up my nose. He barks loudly and does the tough stance if anyone looks anything like coming onto his property or near his mum. He heads for the front door at around the same time everyday (with his mate Wal) for their afternoon sit on the verandah without the young ones (relax time) then now goes to his bed when he's had enough. He growls at the young ones when they are going ballistic to let them know he's had enough and to behave themselves. He now spits out his pain medication if I don't hide it in enough devon (and no way he will now eat in in cheese). Like Wally, he scratches his butt on one of the lower bushes in the back yard just because it feels good. He gets frisky with my old staffy girl every now and then and is sure he still has it in him - although she clearly thinks he's an old fool :winner: He walks into the vets and groomers (after numerous markings of territory) as if they are damn lucky to have him there and as if he's the man of the moment. And, above all else (aside from the occasional grumpy times because his medication is wearing off) he IS truly a handsome, happy and loving boy who was worth every tear along the way.

Not a super clear pic of Macky but a very gorgeous one - laying on his bed near the CD player listening to relaxation music with his little pup mate Lady Lamington!

Awwww he even tolerates the young :cheer:

Be warned - long mushy post to follow:

Yes, I cried too when I met Mack and most of the way home and at the vets when we arrived there (on the way home) and numerous times again in the first couple of weeks Mack was here. But I find I don't anymore because he makes me laugh. He nudges me hard to pat him when I'm on DOL and doesn't give up until I stop and focus on his pat. He wags his now furry tail like mad and tries to bounce around like the rest of the pack when I arrive home from work. He is so strong that I have to battle him to get out the front door without him - he makes a bolt for the door if I even move a lead an inch. He knows where the treats are kept and manipulates me beautifully when he wants one (cuddling up and gazing into my eyes then running to the treat cupboard). He will stand for an hour if I'm brushing him or scratching his head then look at me as if I've ripped him off when I stop no matter how long I've been brushing or scratching him for. He howls like a giant wolf whenever an ambo goes nearby with it's siren blaring (and starts the whole pack off howling). If I get too close he gives me a big slobber kiss right up my nose. He barks loudly and does the tough stance if anyone looks anything like coming onto his property or near his mum. He heads for the front door at around the same time everyday (with his mate Wal) for their afternoon sit on the verandah without the young ones (relax time) then now goes to his bed when he's had enough. He growls at the young ones when they are going ballistic to let them know he's had enough and to behave themselves. He now spits out his pain medication if I don't hide it in enough devon (and no way he will now eat in in cheese). Like Wally, he scratches his butt on one of the lower bushes in the back yard just because it feels good. He gets frisky with my old staffy girl every now and then and is sure he still has it in him - although she clearly thinks he's an old fool :laugh: He walks into the vets and groomers (after numerous markings of territory) as if they are damn lucky to have him there and as if he's the man of the moment. And, above all else (aside from the occasional grumpy times because his medication is wearing off) he IS truly a handsome, happy and loving boy who was worth every tear along the way.

I adore this post it is funny, I love that Mack still has some balls for want of a better word. I love that he has relax time with Wal. You are catering to his wants and needs so beautifully and then he gives back so beautifully. Awwwwwwwwww :winner:

:eek: such a beautiful story :cheer: cathya you are doing a fantastic job i think this boy was meant for you, i believe someone said soul mate, i think he is, just seeing how happy you are to have him and how happy he has become :cry:

i hope he gets a break and the bone cancer just doesnt hurt him for a looooonnnnng time, he sure deserves all the happiness you are giving him and he you :laugh: you have done a great job, good on you for loving him :winner:

• 4 months later...