Seven Yr Old Savaged By Dog At His School Gates

RottnBullies

I don't think this should fall badly upon pound dogs either, Yes It was a very unfortunate

thing to happen, but ultimately It really Is the owners whether they be new or old resposibility to familiarize themselves with their dog especially during the first couple of weeks that dog has been purchsed etc

I disagree. if a pound (or any other dog re-homing organisation) sells a dog they MUST know about it's temperament, otherwise it is irresponsible of them to place the public at risk.

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB that's all very well and good, but dogs have been known to temp test fine while they're In pound environment only to show their true colors after in a new home environment!

So what then ? I'm also not sure on whether all pounds actually temp test all their dogs, surely It Is owner resposibility too, pounds can only do so much imo

JB that's all very well and good, but dogs have been known to temp test fine while they're In pound environment only to show their true colors after in a new home environment!

So what then ? I'm also not sure on whether all pounds actually temp test all their dogs, surely It Is owner resposibility too, pounds can only do so much imo

What then?

Follow the advice I give to any novice owner seeking a rescue dog. Adopt from a responsible rescue organisation that users foster carers and does comprehensive temperament testing.

It won't guarantee safety but it will sure help.

A pound doesn't vet the people buying the dogs and they should. A dog can be very dangerous and it's about time pounds were made responsible for what dogs the re-home.

Humans can be really danderous too, and It's about time they were made resposible on their actions also :)

A pound doesn't vet the people buying the dogs and they should. A dog can be very dangerous and it's about time pounds were made responsible for what dogs the re-home.

Did I ruffle your feathers wiseguy???

How very noble of you to drag the Pit Bull In this when It has nothing to do with It what so ever :)

Yes unfortunately the nanny dog Is also capable of doing harm, but off course you find a way to try and turn the tables. And you say the Pit Bull folks are their worst enemies?

Maybe you need to look In your own backyard and stop blaming the Pitty for your woes

Link

Sorry I'm having problems with copy and pasting article here, If someone else can, much appreciated

Terrible.

But it could have been worse

Why did you post the article at all if not for my benefit?

Another unsubstantiated identification of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a dog a grown man could barely pull away using all his strength.

Give me a break.

Either the man is a finalist in the Mr Punyverse contest or the dog was something other than a SBT.

Sometimes one has to dismount his high horse & get into the gutter when the call comes.

This was such an occasion.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Edited by wiseguy

Exactly why I am suggesting the humans who re-home pound dogs take responsibility for ensuring the dogs they re-home have appropriate temperaments.

Humans can be really danderous too, and It's about time they were made resposible on their actions also :)

I can't see anywhere that says it was a pound dog or is that just the assumption because it attacked?

The dog could just have easily been a freebie. It happens, people aren't warned of a dog's known temperament by owners who would just rather move the problems on.

What if.......the dog owner was not told that there was any issues with the dog?

What if.......the people who sold them the dog did no temperament testing?

What if.......the people who sold the dog only got it the day before it was on-sold?

What if.......

I really want to know what the full story is and where the family got the dog from...until then I am making no judgements except to say this is an awful situation for all and I am so sorry a child was injured.

What if..............they were bogans

What if............. it had always been their dog?

What if..............it was a restricted breed & they were trying save their sorry asses?

Plenty of ''what ifs'' that fit án often played out scenario.

What if.......the dog owner was not told that there was any issues with the dog?

What if.......the people who sold the dog only got it the day before it was on-sold?

What if.......

I really want to know what the full story is and where the family got the dog from...until then I am making no judgements except to say this is an awful situation for all and I am so sorry a child was injured.

What if..............it was a restricted breed & they were trying save their sorry asses?

What if... you read the news article Dougie. That's all any of us have to go on.

What if.......

We cant blame all dog attacks on bogans and restricted breeds. Dogs are dogs and by nature and prior treatment they can and do attack occasionnly, disasters happen, the poor victim doesnt care about what ifs.....

Wiseguy you have made it blatently clear your hatred of Pit Bulls and their ilk, maybe time to get off that particular bandwagon as there are many people who do like pit Bulls and find your relentless attacks on them insulting :)

Edited by Robbi

What if.......

We cant blame all dog attacks on bogans and restricted breeds. Dogs are dogs and by nature and prior treatment they can and do attack occasionnly, disasters happen, the poor victim doesnt care about what ifs.....

Wiseguy you have made it blatently clear your hatred of Pit Bulls and their ilk, maybe time to get off that particular bandwagon as there are many people who do like pit Bulls and find your relentless attacks on them insulting :D

Thank you. I agree.

It's a little egotistical to believe someone posted this thread just to get at you. And downright low to go and bring Pitbull's into it to try to save your breed.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

What if.......

What if... you read the news article Dougie. That's all any of us have to go on.

???

However, I have read the article & more than once. None of it suggests a SBT.

The more I read it the more I am convinced there aren't any more ''what ifs'' that need to be asked.

My ''What ifs'' do have substantial credibility based solely on the article.

Possibly even the truth as a matter of fact..

As I am sure you might come to agree if you just apply a some objectivity.

I have mature male SBTs that occasionally have a falling out. I can hold each at arms length, not without some trouble I will admit & I am neither young nor exceptionally strong anymore.

One would be no problem at all, especially if he were on a leash with the extra leverage that would provide.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

Insufficent evidence.

Case dismissed.

What if.......

Ahhhhhh see the thing is that despite what we are told about our dogs, we are ultimately responsible for them ourselves. The answer to these questions actually isn't as important as:

"Why didn't the new owners get to know their dog before exposing him (and the innocent bystanders) to an unknown"

Because I owned boxers for 8 years I was acutely conscious of how they were perceived in public, and of how powerful they are. My boy Jasper was quite obedient, BUT he once pulled me out of a chair when he was startled by someone approaching us in the dark. This is the reason he stayed with my ex. As much as I love him and miss him - that ONE moment showed me that I was not physically strong enough to control that dog in an unknown situation.

Now I have a 5 year old Staffy that I got 3 weeks ago, and we are still learning all about each other. Every new situation with him, I take slowly. Why should he suffer for my impatience? Maybe he'll be fine, but throwing him in the deep end and expecting stellar behaviour is not setting him up to succeed.

Poor little kid. I hope he recovers fully in body and spirit. It would be awful if he was always afraid of dogs after this.

What if.......

???

Did you miss this bit?

Jude Keir was set upon by a Staffordshire bull terrier just seconds after he left the playground with pals.

What if.......

Wiseguy you have made it blatently clear your hatred of Pit Bulls and their ilk, maybe time to get off that particular bandwagon as there are many people who do like pit Bulls and find your relentless attacks on them insulting :D

Thank you. I agree.

It's a little egotistical to believe someone posted this thread just to get at you. And downright low to go and bring Pitbull's into it to try to save your breed.

I don't need to save my breed, I (we) need to protect it before it needs saving. Prevention is better than cure.

I haven't said this dog was a pitbull.

I don't hate pitbulls. Although some of their owners are a bit sus.

I don't hate any dogs, dogs are my passion.

If have you have been reading the BSL thread you would be naive to think this thread wasn't raised specifically to bring some discredit to the SBT. If that sounds pathetic it is because it is pathetic. Pathetic but true.

The OP hates pure breeds.

Especially registered pure breeds.

Specifically Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

Registered recognised pure breed envy.

Sad but true.

What if.......

???

Did you miss this bit?

Jude Keir was set upon by a Staffordshire bull terrier just seconds after he left the playground with pals.

I missed the photo which corroborated the iD.

I even missed the bona fides of the person who made the ID. Was it the owner?

Do you have a link?

''There will be no carbon tax under a goverment I lead''

The cheques in the mail

The brickies will be there monday.

It was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Edited by wiseguy

What if.......

???

The more I read it the more I am convinced there aren't any more ''what ifs'' that need to be asked.

My ''What ifs'' do have substantial credibility based solely on the article.

Possibly even the truth as a matter of fact..

As I am sure you might come to agree if you just apply a some objectivity.

I have mature male SBTs that occasionally have a falling out. I can hold each at arms length, not without some trouble I will admit & I am neither young nor exceptionally strong anymore.

One would be no problem at all, especially if he were on a leash with the extra leverage that would provide.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

Insufficent evidence.

Case dismissed.

So now you are a breed ID expert from across the pond. :D :clap::clap: You are a hypocrite in the true sense of the word and then you go on to attack the OP as a purebred hater then post a link to the death of a child.What does that prove?It proves how low you will stoop..You sure are a class act.Good to see you havnet changed your tune after all these years Dougie.Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Oh and I hope the young boy makes a speedy recovery and isnt traumatised for the rest of his life.i noticed you didnt make comment becuase you care more about your own self serving opinion than anything else and there is no doubt about that.

Edited by bulldogz4eva

The forensic evidence is playing your song.

''It's a staffordshire Bull Terrier''

Isnt that the ring tone on your phone isn't it just incase you forget one day & actually aim up.

Yeah, I know

Fat chance.

The forensic evidence is playing your song.

''It's a staffordshire Bull Terrier''

Isnt that the ring tone on your phone isn't it just incase you forget one day & actually aim up.

Yeah, I know

Fat chance.

Thats right try and deflect from yourself as usual.I know the truth hurts and I thought you would have gotten sick of singing the same song after all these years. Actually my ringtone in case you wanted to know is Tubthumping by Chumbawamba "I get knocked down but I get up again You aint never gonna keep me down" Rather apt really dont you think.