It's Been 12mths & 2 Days

gsdog2

i don't normally come on rainbow bridge as i always leave feeling sad :( just wanted to say hugs to you and i hope each day becomes a little easier, i also wanted to add i made a scrapbook of my collie when she died a few years back she was the dog i had as a kid and one of the reasons i love collies so much, the book did help even though i cried my eyes out when i was journaling about the photos it helped to know she was no longer in pain.... i also have been doing one of my mum its sort of self help i guess ...xoxoxox

Thank you Collie angel, it seems a scrapbook/photobook is a great way to deal with grief. The last few weeks have been easier as we've had a wedding in the family so I've kept myself busy. However .......... the wedding has been and gone and the other two dogs spent the week in a kennel while we were away, and you wouldn't believe it the first thing Indi did when she came home was go straight to the gate where Silas always waited for us to come home - she just stood there quietly looking around for him (very sad reminder of our beautiful boy :( ). I came across a couple of video's of Silas on Youtube the other day but I find that is one place I can't go yet - it would break my heart to see my beautiful boy running around looking so "alive" :cheers:. I do intend to make a photobook as a tribute to him although I think I need to give myself a little more time before I go there.

I lost our big boy five years last month and still get upset. After I lost Tara it took me 15 years to get another girl.

You will always think of him but the heartache will ease a little over time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sleep easy Silas.

its broke my heart when bella use to look for chloe we had to get Lilly pretty much straight away i called my breeder 2 days after she past as bella was not coping she was even going to "loan" me a dog till she had pups ready thankfully it was only 3months or so.....you forget how human like they can be they grieve just like us

3shepherds our first two dogs were both GSD's and we lost them a month apart (ages 11yrs and 12yrs) - I could not face another one after that so we added a toy poodle to our family (I wanted a dog that would not remind me of our two shepherds) which was probably a mistake as I was used to having large dogs and never really bonded with her. So when she was 5 we bought another shepherd and have had shepherds in the family ever since. I can totally relate to your not being able to get another girl for so long.

collie angel we have a Goldie (he was our sons dog) but Indi had a very close bond with Silas (it was love at first sight for those two) - if we didn't have the Goldie we definately would have found another dog for her by now. It's sad because I find I miss watching the close relationship they had - Silas would take Indi for walks down the back paddock, first standing at the top gate watching and waiting until she realised what he had planned and then the two of them would go trotting off together - our Goldie was never included in these trips (and never showed any interest either), the two shepherds communication was something I've never witnessed before :laugh:

Edited by gsdog2

:laugh: very very sad im finding Bella and Lilly have that bond which i was surprised really when my OH took Bella to the vet last week Lilly was left behind oh my she cried and cried i had her inside with me trying to keep her mind off it every time she heard a car off to the front door when hubby got home Lilly ran up to Bella and licked her all over make sure she was ok :shrug:... my dad has a GSD she is a big girl was his new wives dog and she is just stunning and great with the my nephew, but the fur they lose OMG so much more than my collies i said to dad don't you ever complain about my girls they lose nothing compared to the GSD

It's been 3 weeks since we had our Max PTS. We found that Denzil was missing him too much and found a little girl, Prada to join our family. Denzil is 6, but he's gone back to his puppy stage after meeting Prada. All our dog are Shelties.

Deek

• 9 months later...
I think I was the worst. I ended up getting help. I had never lost any family member before I lost my dog and so the grief was horrendous. Time does heal (apparently)....

I made a scrapbook up , I made a slideshow of photos and added sad songs and allowed myself to cry.

I have no other words for you.

But you are not alone, we have all gone through it.

It has been 18months for me and tears still flow regularly.

pumpitdog I made the decision earlier today that I would make a slideshow of photo's and ask my son (who plays the guitar and writes some beautiful songs) to add the music. I'm doing this because I'm struggling with the idea that he's never coming back and I'm hoping that in some way this will help keep his memory clear and close.

Allerzeit thank you and returning the :thumbsup: to you too

This has been about the 2nd time I have beenback in Rainbow Bridge thread as it hurt so much , as I have seen the others go through it also since I lost Sam 3 months ago

the tears still come so strong some days , and others not as bad

it hurts like heck not to see him or cuddle him

one thing mentioned above helped me on the rough days

I made a tribute for Sam also

I started of in tears but always had a smile or laugh at his antics

it helped ease it abit to laugh at his ways and to know he was much loved and still much loved and always will be

They wont leave our hearts ever

:thumbsup:

I thought I would update this thread to say it's now been 12mths and 2 days since we lost Silas and only now have I been able to put a photobook together as a tribute to my beautiful boy. It has brought some of the sadness back (and tears) but I'm really happy with the book and it's full of special memories - both family and trialing.

This has been a great way to keep Silas close and remember what a really special boy he was - I would recommend a tribute (a scrapbook, photobook or youtube vid) as a way to help when you have lost a special 'friend' :)