Whitening Shampoos

janeses

I was recommended a horse one....Glo White....by the lady who bred two of my dogs. She used it on them when I stayed with her, and their whites came up gorgeous and bright. She had it mixed with water in a spray bottle, sprayed it on the whites, rubbed it in and left it while she washed the rest of the dog then rinsed it out.

I have since bought some and it was $20 for a large bottle.

I am after a good whitening shampoo.... I ahve staining on feet and would like something to get them white again...

Any suggestions???

I have always used the Plush Puppy Whitening Shampoo. It turns yellow brown whites into glowing bright white.

For stains on white coat, I'd always recommend a prescrub with laundry soap.. Sunlight, Sard etc. Get a good lather up, rinse and then wash with the white enhancing shampoo

I've used the Plush Puppy and now have the Chris Christensen White on White. I'd recommend either.

Oh, by the way for Chris Chistensen products, source them from Peperone (they have a banner here). Nice folk, Whippet people and the cheapest CC around. :p

(and no, I don't get commission from them :scared: )

Whitening Shampoo's I've used have been

Ruddocks Snow White

Plumb White

Plush Puppy Whitening

Fido's White and Bright

The best has been Plush Puppy but I find it dried the Sammies coats out very badly.

I've been looking at the Isle of Dog Whitening one next, a lot of Sammie people I know use it and swear by it.

Use some Sard Wonder Soap on the feet :thumbsup: It's fabulous stuff just get it from the laundry aisle at your local shop. It is very drying though so just use it on the feet and not the main body of the dog unless you have a really good conditioner to restore everything the soap takes out of the coat.

It amazes me every time I use it how white the dogs come up.

Plush Puppy or Glo White here depending on my budget at the time.

The best thing to do is see if others in your breed can give you an idea on what works best on your own breed as different shampoos work better on different coats.

Plush Puppy or Glo White here depending on my budget at the time.

The best thing to do is see if others in your breed can give you an idea on what works best on your own breed as different shampoos work better on different coats.

Same here ;) :)