I Lost 2 Dogs Today

Remarkabull

Just as I was about to leave work today my OH got a phone call from a neighbour that our 9 year old RR X Amstaff had attacked a small dog. He didn't have too many details other than that my youngest daughter had turned up on his doorstep in hysterics saying that Jazz was attacking a dog.

We rushed home as quick as we could and another neighbour came straight to us and told us that Jazz had killed the little dog. I was thinking that it was one of the small dogs that are always running outside their yards and that one of them went into our yard, but he then informed me that it was Odie, my JRT X Chi.

I immediately fell to my knees, crying. It didn't seem real that she would kill one of my own dogs, a dog that she had lived happily with for 3 years.

I still don't know exactly what happened as the kids were terrified and tried very hard to stop her from hurting him but she was not going to listen to anyone in the state she must of been in so they are not entirely sure how it all started. The poor things keep telling me how they tried to get her off him but they couldn't. We had Jazz PTS this afternoon. I couldn't even look at her or say goodbye. OH had to take her for me. I know there will come a time where I will grieve for her too but at the moment all I can think of is Odie.

Odie was such a good little boy. He had a huge personality for such a little dog. He loved everybody and everything and didn't have a nasty bone in his body. I'm going to miss him so much. He didn't deserve this ending and I only hope that wherever he is now that he has someone to throw his ball endlessly and a lap to curl up on.

I love you Odie and we will all miss you so much.

post-35373-1303376429_thumb.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how terribly sad for all of you :thumbsup: My heart goes out to you and the children who witnessed it. Reassure them there was nothing they could do and thank god their efforts to help didnt get them bitten.

My thoughts are with you and your lost doggies :thumbsup:

Thank you all. I haven't stopped crying since I found out it was Odie. It's even more awful because it was my own dog who did it. My OH is so angry with himself because he would normally come home and then pick me up when I finished but today he came straight to my work and waited for me.

The poor kids are blaming themselves too, the dogs are separated during the day while we are at work but the kids obviously let them out together when they got home from school.

I keep telling them that it is no ones fault, just one of those horrible things that happen.

that's awful. I'm so sorry for you.

Were there no warning signs between these two? It just seems crazy that this could come out of the blue. :thumbsup:

Absolutely nothing different at all. Jazz was DA with other dogs but not ours. We called her a cranky old bitch because she would grumble at all of our dogs occasionally but would never go looking to start anything. She would occasionally snap at Acheron (1yr old Dobe - entire male) but he just ignored her or kept annoying her because he thought it was a game.

Odie was the last dog of ours that would annoy her in any way. He pretty much ignored her most of the time because she wouldn't play with him.