Tricks To Teach From My Sick Bed?

Rainy

Hi guys im in need of some tricks to teach that i can do from sitting on the floor / chair. Im supposed to be on bed rest for 2 weeks and diesel is going banana's he is not a dog that will be worn out from exercise (hubby is walking him for me) he needs alot of mental stimulation.

I need step by step instruction as im hopless youtube vids are even better.

I was trying to teach him to pick up his toys and drop them in a box this after noon but failed dismaly so if any one knows how to teach this could you tell me please

Thanks in advance

first thing you have to do is teach him to pick up and hold a toy, start small, then teach him to release on command, so that you can direct him where to go to release eventually. sorry i dont know how to go about that but others might know more :shrug:

there are the basics, sit, down, roll over, shake, wave, beg

others you could try: sneeze, speak, crawl?, play dead, back up, spin in circle, paw on the nose

im sure there are heaps more

sorry luv, can't even teach the kids to pick up their toys and put them in the box! But hey, if you figure it out let me know!!!

Are you up to a tug of war game from your chair? Or get a torch and let him chase the ahem "fairy" (this is Burt's game and he's special needs ok!)

Kikopups channel on you tube has some good trick videos. A couple to consider though - 'speak' on command - I used you tube videos of dogs barking, as Shandy will react to that, but teasing them with food is often recommended too. The 'Bang', roll over, play dead is another good one - train a roll onto the side, train them to hold it, then add a finger pistol "Bang" cue. I taught Shandy to 'speak' one wet afternoon. Paw targeting is another good one - work on both paws, one to each hand.

Good luck, and let us know how you go - I hope you can come up with some fun stuff to keep you both occupied!