• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion

The following has been circulated to Club Secretaries:

Sent: Wednesday, 22 June 2011 5:31 PM

Subject: *** DOGS Victoria - Photo ID now required for membership renewals ***

Dear Secretary,

The Management Committee of DOGS Victoria have resolved that:

ALL membership renewals from 1st October 2011 to 31st December 2012 will require the member to attach photo ID to the membership renewal.

Also, it is now a requirement that all new memberships provide proof of residential address and photo ID when applying for membership of DOGS Victoria.

(The membership application form located on the website has been updated to this effect.)

The above information has been placed on our website in the Members Area, under Members Latest News, and will also be published in the September Gazette.

Please circulate to your club members via your newsletter, or by email if appropriate.

Regards,

Jo Cerda

Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive

DOGS Victoria

Locked Bag K9, Cranbourne Vic 3977

T: 9788 2510 F: 9788 2599 Email: [email protected]

DOGS Victoria is a registered business name of the Victorian Canine Association Inc AOO23882W

Edited by wayrod

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good idea to supply photo ID if someone is applying for a new membership...but I don't really see the point of having to supply it if your just renewing your existing membership,especially if you have been a member for years.

I agree with lilli..what is it suppose to achieve? :confused:

Edited by Baileys mum

I have voted no.

But I would vote yes for initial membership.

As to how this would work would be mystifying as you would only need your mate to get a m/ship and prefix in their name and this would still allow you to breed and sell under their identity and possibly pay the mate a few bob into the bargain.

lilli

We have or have had suspended members applying for and obtaining membership through out Aust.

I have voted no.

But I would vote yes for initial membership.

As to how this would work would be mystifying as you would only need your mate to get a m/ship and prefix in their name and this would still allow you to breed and sell under their identity and possibly pay the mate a few bob into the bargain.

lilli

We have or have had suspended members applying for and obtaining membership through out Aust.

Asking for photos IDs would have to be applicable to all membership categories, I am unsure for what reasons they would want this requirement. This was discussed a number of years ago and was knocked on the head as to the possibility of seeing no benefit from its introduction but create additional costs to implement.

I for one, cannot see how the introduction of this requirement would alter or improve any existing processes or procedures. Maybe if DV explained why they were attempting to introduce the photo ID requirement in preference to forwarding an email to Club Secretaries with this message that explains nothing we may have a clearer picture.

As a member, other than attending and registering for an AGM or SGM, when have you supplied or shown your existing membership card?

Maybe we should have microchips implanted and we can be scanned each time we have a transaction with Dogs Vic?

Fabulous!!

There has been several new prefixes/memberships started up by people who have previously been suspended/expelled.

I also know there are several out there who are in the above mentioned caragory, but are still members with "new" fake information as they obtained a membership prior to having to provided photo ID.

Edited by SwaY

Fabulous!!

There has been several new prefixes/memberships started up by people who have previously been suspended/expelled.

I also know there are several out there who are in the above mentioned caragory, but are still members with "new" fake information as they obtained a membership prior to having to provided photo ID.

I am not saying that DV do nothing to improve the security to avoid members/potential members from abusing a system, but how would having photo ID stop this!

The last time I was asked for my membership card was at an AGM.

I have shown since, never been asked. Been into the office, never been asked. Transfers, never been asked.

Maybe they need to consider some alternatives and explain to members what they are setting out to achieve. As previously mentioned this was considered over ten years ago and was considered to be an added cost for little to no benefit.

Fabulous!!

So for the 1% (which the new rule will not effect)

it is a fabulous idea to hamper and inconvenience the other 99% and increase costs??? :confused:

Fabulous!!

I am not saying that DV do nothing to improve the security to avoid members/potential members from abusing a system, but how would having photo ID stop this!

The last time I was asked for my membership card was at an AGM.

I have shown since, never been asked. Been into the office, never been asked. Transfers, never been asked.

Maybe they need to consider some alternatives and explain to members what they are setting out to achieve. As previously mentioned this was considered over ten years ago and was considered to be an added cost for little to no benefit.

Make it too hard for members to renew and they wont be bothered.

Anyhoo, are DV going to require all members to show 'photo ID' at the DV office each year

or can we send "certified copies" of our photo ID, fresh from our colour laser printer forge masters ...

haha DV and their administrators need to wake up

what do they imagine they are, a necessity like a Bank or Passport Office?

Edited by lilli

Fabulous!!

it is a fabulous idea to hamper and inconvenience the other 99% and increase costs??? :confused:

I don't see them putting up fees, so where do you get increased costs from?

It's a small price to pay if you ask me, it will help to weed out some of the dodgy people.

The only photo id i have is my driving license. Do they really need to know all my info from that?

the only extra piece of info that they would get from your licence I assume, is conformation you are who you say you are.

The only photo id i have is my driving license. Do they really need to know all my info from that?

the only extra piece of info that they would get from your licence I assume, is conformation you are who you say you are.

But it does not have my current address on the front of it only the back as a sticker so I would need to print both sides. Then who is to say that was what was really on the back (or that people did not photo shop in a picture) do I also need to get the copy certified to say it is correct?

How will it work anyway when the kick you out they take a photo of you and put it on the wall of shame so they can check every photo against it?

Edited by Evolving

I don't see them putting up fees, so where do you get increased costs from?

Increased costs to DV to any organisation ALWAYS results in increase fees.

Time is money.

Verification and authentication take time.

And time always lags.

So processing time will now require

more staff

and members will be told to wait longer.

Or are DV not going to check the paper work their given?

It's a small price to pay if you ask me, it will help to weed out some of the dodgy people.

You believe that DV can do what Border security and Vic Roads cannot?

Members dont mind paying a small price for a benefit, but dont ask members for more of their time and money to humor fools.

Fabulous!!

I also know there are several out there who are in the above mentioned caragory, but are still members with "new" fake information as they obtained a membership prior to havi

ng to provided photo ID.

Up until late last year anyone could join up without showing proof of who they were.

The same suspended people would join up again and again with fake information

A new made up name, new po box, new pre paid mobile phone number etc

Right, well if my dodgey license with my alternative name was accepted for membership in 2011,

how will DV sighting it again when I renew my membership in 2012, help weed me out?

Edited by lilli

You believe that DV can do what Border security and Vic Roads cannot?

I have reported a few "repeat" offenders and DV has removed them once they have investigated all the information I have supplied them.

Fabulous!!

I also know there are several out there who are in the above mentioned caragory, but are still members with "new" fake information as they obtained a membership prior to havi

ng to provided photo ID.

Up until late last year anyone could join up without showing proof of who they were.

The same suspended people would join up again and again with fake information

A new made up name, new po box, new pre paid mobile phone number etc

And this is the frontline for DV?

This is where they imagine turning points will be fought and won?

But it does not have my current address on the front of it only the back as a sticker so I would need to print both sides. Then who is to say that was what was really on the back (or that people did not photo shop in a picture) do I also need to get the copy certified to it is

correct?

How will it work anyway when the kick you out they take a photo of you and put it on the wall of shame so they can check every photo against it?

you would get both sides if your licence certified, no bug deal.

I really can't see a wall if shame happening, omg that us the funniest thing.