Dog Walking Belt - Handsfree Leash For Training

Tilly

I am looking for a simple hands free walking belt to use during training sessions. Currently I use a leash wrapped around my waist which does the job ... but I am looking for something better.

The design I am looking for is similar to the Black Dog Tuffy Collar (photo attached) - where the plastic clip is absolutely unable to come apart.

Any ideas? Any other suggestions?

post-1668-0-64222100-1309234686_thumb.gif

I keep looking at those belts but I just don't trust the plastic clip - the one I tried in the shop came apart after a bit of a pull. Maybe it was faulty but I have little faith in plastic clips - even those “guaranteed” never to come apart.

The clip on my DOOG belt is metal not plastic but I've never even thought about attaching a lead to it. I use it to hang my car key off when I take Zeus to the dog park. :o

And I purchased mine from Pet Barn so I could see it before I purchased it!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

My DOOG is metal as well. The new improved Cesear Milan version is larger (yay! more treats)! and has clips on both sides. I will up grade to that as soon as I see it in stores. He seems to have several dogs clipped to both sides during his runs so they must hold up (mind you his hounds are too well mannered to pull :D )

The Black Dog hands-free belt has a plastic clip but if you ask Warren he'll explain how to bypass it by passing the leash through one of the D-rings.

He mentioned that when I asked if something could be made for me ... but both D's are on the same side of the clip so I can't see how that would work. :confused:

I use a police duty belt with a carabiner placed around the belt itself. They are pretty strong.

A bit like this

I like those belts ... the CQB belt can be used with Personal Retention Lanyard which might make a nice bungee lead when the brat is a bit more trained.

I have a black dog training belt. I have had it for going on 3 - 4 months now and have two dogs over 25 kilos that I walk with it. Both have pulled on it at one time or another and I have never had a drama with it.

My DOOG belt didn't come apart at the clip but actually came apart at one of the seams.

Doog walkie belt would be my suggestion...plus it gives you somewhere to keep your training treats etc

If you read the instructions with it, it tells you not to use it to attach the dog. They really are not strong enough, mine came apart at one of the seams after the first big pull from my pup, it was also the first time I had attached her to it.

The area for training treats isn't very big either, you can only fit a minimal amount.

Snooza Active walker is the one I use, and I have a D hook that sits basically on each hip. I walk Boof n Lilly with this no worries and I can have a check chain on them with the lead to control that in my hands and them attached to me with their harnesses if we are doing something they arent good at yet (like walking past boxers that have a fence almost along the foot path that go nuts at us) :) I love it! Or if I am going for a run my arms are free to run properly!