1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Sashes
    • Rosettes
    • Comets

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a Rosette then it must be good quality otherwise i would sooner a ribbon.

I have thousands of ribbons & rosettes around the house & i like both .

I have won some very special ones & both look great .

Comets i have never won

If its a Rosette then it must be good quality otherwise i would sooner a ribbon.

I have thousands of ribbons & rosettes around the house & i like both .

I have won some very special ones & both look great .

Comets i have never won

I have a very crappy rosette here and the win meant a lot to me! So I certainly won't be going for crappy rosettes if we go down that path.

I've never seen comets before.

I prefer Rosettes... They take up less space on the wall :)

Hadn't thought about them taking up less room!

How would people feel about winning a comet?

A few weeks ago I had a browse in the museum at KCC Park, and they have some of the prizes that were on offer at the shows back in the 1930's. They were amazing! Even the class winners got huge trophies. Must have been some amazing entries back then.

Depending on when you need the rosette or ribbons try overseas.

We have just brought in the most amazing rosettes from Germany half the price of Australia if not more & exactly what we wanted at no extra cost

I don't mind Sashes and Rosettes!

However I do love my Rosettes!! :laugh:

I remember my first specialty having to go up for 5 Rosettes, and I got 6 at another specialty over the spread of 3 different shows, and it was only for one dog!!!

My personal favourite was one donated by Flashfire Min Pins Kennel from the USA, for Minor Puppy in Breed, it was an US coloured (Red, White and Blue) Rosette and it is quite big absolutely beautiful! Something I will cherish!

My other favourite was the green rosette for Best Chocolate and Tan Property class! Love this!

I have 2 very nice sashes from when my little guy got two class in Group, but size wise they are smaller than what my mum won with her Dobermann which was twice in height and much longer!

I don't mind either, I love any that my dogs do win and and it is special!

My dog even won a Rosette and Sash for Best of Breed/Challenge at one all breed show! It is so good to get these and I like to see more all breeds club offer this! But I have also got a Pen and a Cup as well and both for Best of Breed. Love it when they offer prizes for your dogs win, makes it more worthwhile especially if you don't win Class in Group often!

There has been a couple of really nice ribbon for Challenges and Best of Breed, and there has been a couple that is a case of "I'd like my dog to win one of those"!

Probably went too far off topic, but had to mention it!

I don't like the look of the comets, looks like they forget to put the rosette on the top.

I've won some fantastic rosettes over the years and they are up on display, I also have a few really crapy ones from some goods wins inc a BIS you'd think the society could have spent a few extra $$ for nice ones for the top wins at their show.

Depending on when you need the rosette or ribbons try overseas.

We have just brought in the most amazing rosettes from Germany half the price of Australia if not more & exactly what we wanted at no extra cost

Details please!!

Have never seen the comets before.

Haven't won a rosette yet, there were some at the last show and try as we might, we weren't lucky enough to get one. :( Apart from last week's shows I don't think I've seen rosettes on offer at any other show up here though I may be wrong.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! :)

If anyone has any links or contacts to companies they have used and liked I would love to know! :)

Have used Gillmans and they have lovely sashes and rosettes and are great to work with :thumbsup:

http://www.stewartgillman.com.au/pages/rosettes.html

Love a nice Rosette and I think Gillmans are great:)

Thank you! And they have the cool multi-coloured writing! :laugh: