Cesar Millan On South Park

Guest dogcentric

Guest dogcentric

Cesar Millan on South Park...the episode is called "Tsst" - the sound Cesar Millan makes when he corrects dogs. Cartman rocks!

Cesar Millan on South Park

"Mrs. Cartman hired "The Dog Whisperer" (Cesar Millan) in the South Park episode "Tsst" to help improve Cartman's behaviour. Unlike assorted nannies who were hired to discipline Cartman (all of whom were destroyed mentally or emotionally by him), Cesar's approach proves to be the most successful, as he treats Cartman like a dog, rather than a human being. Mrs. Cartman becomes so grateful for his help that she begins propositioning Cesar for a deeper relationship. When Cesar reminds her that he is merely there to teach her to control Cartman and then leaves, she back peddles on the training, causing Cartman to regress into his evil tendencies."

Guest dogcentric

Cesar Millan, didn't like him before. Like him less now.

Oh really? Why is that? I would be interested to know from a training perspective. I have his DVD's and I've learned a lot from them. I think he's great...though I've heard that some people feel strongly about his methods. I've never understood this. Does it have something to do with the way he rehabilitates condemned dogs?

Guest dogcentric

Lol, I've seen that episode-- I like it :)

I know, what a crack up!

I expected them to take the piss out of him (like they do with other celebrities) but they don't; they show him in quite a positive light, which is interesting.

ETA

What I mean is, I think they make more fun of Cartman than they do of Cesar.

Edited by dogcentric

I know, what a crack up!

I expected them to take the piss out of him (like they do with other celebrities) but they don't; they show him in quite a positive light, which is interesting.

Oh, I saw it as making fun of him. It was pretty true to life though with how he describes things.

Guest dogcentric

I know, what a crack up!

Oh, I saw it as making fun of him. It was pretty true to life though with how he describes things.

Yeah, you're right. They were taking the piss. I guess I expected them to be a bit tougher on him. Still funny as hell!

Not sure why this is being posted five years after the episode first aired but.. whatever.

I didn't see it as anything other than a bit of a piss-take. His methods are questionable and results.. well, even more questionable.

I'm also not a fan of how his only excuse for aggression seems to be bad owners. In my opinion, this is creating a belief that dangerously aggressive dogs just need "exercise, discipline and.. [whatever the last thing was]", totally ignoring the fact that some dogs are dangerous and no amount of running them on a treadmill (or choking them with a leash) is going to fix that issue.

Guest dogcentric

Not sure why this is being posted five years after the episode first aired but.. whatever.

I didn't see it as anything other than a bit of a piss-take. His methods are questionable and results.. well, even more questionable.

I'm also not a fan of how his only excuse for aggression seems to be bad owners. In my opinion, this is creating a belief that dangerously aggressive dogs just need "exercise, discipline and.. [whatever the last thing was]", totally ignoring the fact that some dogs are dangerous and no amount of running them on a treadmill (or choking them with a leash) is going to fix that issue.

I hadn't seen it before and only just found it on the internet. For some reason, I thought it was a new episode that had only been screened in the US.

LOOOOOOOVE South Park! This episode is a pissa!

"I'm not being aggressive I'm being dom-in-ate'

I saw this episode a couple of years before I ever saw an episode of the dog whisperer so I can't take him seriously :laugh:

This episode is from season 10. Funny season :D

Guest dogcentric

I saw this episode a couple of years before I ever saw an episode of the dog whisperer so I can't take him seriously :laugh:

LOL I wouldn't be able to take him seriously either!

One of my favourite episodes is when Cartman becomes a Nascar driver. I laughed for days :rofl:

Cesar Millan, didn't like him before. Like him less now.

Oh really? Why is that? I would be interested to know from a training perspective. I have his DVD's and I've learned a lot from them. I think he's great...though I've heard that some people feel strongly about his methods. I've never understood this. Does it have something to do with the way he rehabilitates condemned dogs?

For basically the reasons Hardy's Angel has stated above.

Too aggressive, over the top.

Doesn't get results.

He has been sued multiple times for various reasons.

Don't believe in Dominance theory.

Alpha roles ick.

The fact that people try his techniques at home and even in dog parks on other people's dogs.

Because he floods dogs (ie: putting a dog reactive/aggressive dog over threshold) and then punishes (he calls it correcting) the dog for its reaction.

How many episodes do you see him put a stressed dog into a bad situation and come out with dogs injured because of fights? I have seen a least several occasions of this and have only watched maybe 20 or so episodes.

A lot of Cesar Millan fans seem to think he is the only trainer on the planet who "rehabilitates" (I use that word but I don't think he really rehabilitates them.) condemned or "red zone" dogs. When in fact he is not. My mentor is a behavioural trainer and uses purely R+ methods and has rehabilitated many "red zone" dogs without strangling, hitting, kicking etc etc.

One of my favourite episodes is when Cartman becomes a Nascar driver. I laughed for days :rofl:

Oooo I don't know if I've seen that one! I'll have to find it this weekend! :thumbsup:

Guest dogcentric

One of my favourite episodes is when Cartman becomes a NASCAR driver. I laughed for days :rofl:

Oooo I don't know if I've seen that one! I'll have to find it this weekend! :thumbsup:

I just went to my video store and they didn't have season 10. Bummer!

I don't know which season has the one with NASCAR...but it must be recent 'cause Cartman says "f***en c**t" frequently with no bleeping! It's really funny; it takes the piss out of redneck NASCAR fans who don't like Barack Obama :rofl:

ETA

The NASCAR episode is called "Poor and Stupid" (Episode 8, Season 14). Cartman eats Vagisal (ingestion causes memory loss), so he can be stupid enough to become a NASCAR driver :rofl:

Edited by dogcentric