Challenges In Benefit Show?

Maddy27

Hey there everyone.

Probably a naive question, but, I wondered if challenge certs are on offer at benefit shows?

Kandy is entered in a few shows and benefit shows coming up and I'd love to see her walk away with her first challenge.

She's just taken out 2nd for her group (okay so there was only 3!) in the south island rottweiler champ shows. I was ultra stoked with this as she is very much an all breeds dog rather than a specialty, there were 6 month puppies there that dwarfed her (shes 8 months)!

Well they're advertised as benefit shows? They're alongside 2 Championship shows,

2X CH Shows + Benefit show

Champ Show Saturday am Stakes Saturday pm

Champ Show Sunday am Benefit Show Sunday pm

All being organised by the same people with the same judges in the same place, just wondered?

Well they're advertised as benefit shows? They're alongside 2 Championship shows,

2X CH Shows + Benefit show

Champ Show Saturday am Stakes Saturday pm

Champ Show Sunday am Benefit Show Sunday pm

All being organised by the same people with the same judges in the same place, just wondered?

sounds like there wont be cc's for the benefits. they need to be called Championship shows to get CC's.

Doubt they would hold an Open Show as a benefit show unless times have changed :) - I lived in NZ until 3 years ago and benefit shows were always Championship Shows.

Check the entry fee, if they're about the same $ then it's almost certainly a Championship show. If in doubt - phone the person listed in the schedule for entries, or check the front of the dog world for the secretary of the clubs holding the shows and just phone them directly.

Excellent, thanks for that everyone.

To those interested a Benefit show (atleast in NZ) tends to be run alongside Ch shows and the proceeds go to a charity etc.

Edited by Maddy27