Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would post some photos with 2 weeks for miss willow to go.....

underfoot has Miss Willow only got 8 nipples??

Yes she does why?

Interesting that a big dog which is likely to have large litters only has 8 nipples and a Cav which will usually have 1 to 6 pups has 11 to 12 nipples.

Interesting that a big dog which is likely to have large litters only has 8 nipples and a Cav which will usually have 1 to 6 pups has 11 to 12 nipples.

Yes I agree. All her family have 8 (European lines) but my others who are not European have 10 nipples each. Something I might look some more into as I did not really think about it till now.

hhmmm, my girls both have 9 nipples. From what i hear from other golden breeders 8 to 10 is common, yet they often have larger litters too.

Some pics of Ellie with 1 week to go (taken a few days ago now):

DSC_4305_sml.jpg

DSC_4309_sml.jpg

Definitely carrying them lower this time (this is her 3rd litter so i guess everything is sagging! :laugh: )

Yes I agree. All her family have 8 (European lines) but my others who are not European have 10 nipples each. Something I might look some more into as I did not really think about it till now.

Now that is interesting.

Here she is photo taken on Thursday! I have clipped her back end so its not so messy, that why she looks a bit weird :D

IMG_2622.jpg

Yes I was up and down checking on her last night and we have a full weekend with out to dinner tonight and horse breed show tomorrow!!

Sounds like they're all resting up for the big event :thumbsup: . Smelly seems to look more and more like Jazzy as time goes on... she migrated from the sun this morning to the aircon. She did manage to get up a few times to entertain her puppy people, but for the most part she made them come to her. No more visitors now though! (much to Pirate's disgust)