Endurance Test 2012

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone who done the GSDCV ET and missed out on a sash on the day recieved theirs yet. The kids keep checking the mail for it :(

We are still waiting :( NOT HAPPY JAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have rang the trial Sec, she told me she had passed on our details to the Sec & the sashes would be sent when the club gets them

I am thinking of the the club Sec to find out whats the go

We've moved house and although we have mail forwarding somethings are slipping thru the gaps. Last year they ran out of ribbons too, we were lucky enough to be the last pair to get a ribbon.

I have just spoken to the Trial Sec, she sincerely apologizes for the delay but it is in the hands of the company they ordered the sashes through, apparently they have a back log of orders to get through & as soon as they are done, sent to GSDCV they will forward them on to us

She also said if anybody has changed their addresses please send a email to Dearne Jackson of the new address

I am hoping to do the last ET in Perth this weekend but given the forecast is 25 & it starts at 9am not sure whether i will or wont.

So maybe it will be a wait till June next year thing unless the weather changes but given the next day is 28 chances are it will end up hotter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have most people found it easier to start with a bike attachment (like walky dog or springer) and then transistion to holding the leash? Or just hold the leash from the start?

I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth purchasing one.

I love our Wallkydog! I did most of our training with it, and then swapped to just the lead for the last few weeks. By this time we were both used to the whole biking thing. Using the walkydog meant it was impossible for her to cross in front or behind me.I did use a lead with the walkydog though - found it gave me better control for the tricky moments when other dogs barked etc.

I just use a leash and have never had a problem.

I really, really needed one last year :laugh: but sort of forgot about them and got used to just having the lead.

I was concerned about being pulled off the bike to begin with but I have never really had a problem.

We spend most of our time on the Warburton Trail and if I think we *might* have a problem, unruly dogs, horses, large packs of crazy cyclists, I just stop for a second and start off again when they have passed.

I finally got my sash a few weeks ago too :thumbsup:

We are already training for next year, not that we ever stopped. Fergus the Samoyed has returned to the ring and has begun herding and Kami who was on maternal duties and Kato who was too young are already out 3 or 4 times a week for 6 - 8ks. Although we may have to reduce that if we ever get a Summer :mad

OK Endurance Junkies :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Westernport Dog Obedience Club will be running their 1st trial next year :cheer: :cheer::happydance: :happydance:

Date, Venue etc will be confirmed as soon as we received confirmation from Dogs VIc

Yes M would like to pick your brain please

Ohhhhh do you have a date yet Murve.

I have to fit my two tests around our National and going to the US National next year.

No date as yet but as soon as it is confirmed with OTEC & DV I will anounce it :D

letters have already been sent in requesting confirmation to run the event & a couple of possible dates that we would like to hold it on. Now it is up to them to ya or nay & what date they give us.

SnoPaws what are your dates for the Nationals & Us trip??? :D

Our National is end of June, so I really don't want to be doing a test for a month leading up to that, I am probably being over the top and I know the chances of my dogs getting an injury are pretty slim but I am still not going to risk it. May or July would be good, lol.

Our National is end of June, so I really don't want to be doing a test for a month leading up to that, I am probably being over the top and I know the chances of my dogs getting an injury are pretty slim but I am still not going to risk it. May or July would be good, lol.

Hey SnoPaws OTEC has given us the date of 12 May 2013 :D conformation still has to come from DV in the way of the agenda

Hey SnoPaws OTEC has given us the date of 12 May 2013 :D conformation still has to come from DV in the way of the agenda

Oh well that is fabulous for you and your club Murve!!

I will definately be there with a Samoyed or two to support you :)