Endurance Test 2012

Woah AP you went all out - so I expect you to actually compete this year :laugh:

Every year I say I want to do it, but realistically, I just don't have the time and motivation to train for it, and my dogs would need a fair bit of training as their endurance levels are pretty average, much like their owner. And cycling over grass doesn't thrill me at all eek1.gif

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your WA courses have a lot of grass? We were lucky in that the course down here doesn't have too much grass, and unlike the first time I did it, the grass this year wasn't under water :eek: . RS, I figured the bike riding would help build endurance - and be good for Rory's show gaiting - I think it did, so will try to include some bike riding this year too.

Yeah putting it into first gear doesn't do much on grass. Just means you're peddling away and getting nowhere laugh.gif

I still wanna head out and bike ride though, my bike sits there unused. Just not sure I'll bother training Millie up. I love cycling "the bridges", haven't done it in years!

I want to do it with Esky.

It's going to be interesting conditioning the difference between racing and et running.

I'm a little bit worried about the willingness test bit though.

Is that something I can get up to scratch in 6 months. She's obedient enough but it's the one bit I'm worried about :o

I want to do it with Esky.

It's going to be interesting conditioning the difference between racing and et running.

I'm a little bit worried about the willingness test bit though.

Is that something I can get up to scratch in 6 months. She's obedient enough but it's the one bit I'm worried about :o

me too :D wonder if they would accept a stack, an out and back, then a triangle then another stack :rofl:

me too :D wonder if they would accept a stack, an out and back, then a triangle then another stack :rofl:

Seriously, Esky and Rebanne, the willingness test is the EASY part. When I judge I give a short heeling pattern, a right about turn, left about turn and a halt. And a recall on lead. It is that easy.

M

Seriously, Esky and Rebanne, the willingness test is the EASY part. When I judge I give a short heeling pattern, a right about turn, left about turn and a halt. And a recall on lead. It is that easy.

M

Wow, that is actually something the stubborn sibe would happily do. :laugh:

I swear it won't be the easy part for us :laugh: We've been doing short biking adventures since she was old enough to do so. And last year we did much longer adventures.

It sounds manageble though. 'continues to work on heeling'

Remember, you can also double command and physically assist the dog (ie placing the dog in the sit position, not bashing it on the head!!! :laugh: )

M

M

Is pulling on the lead frowned upon? Akira has good days and bad days when it comes to that still!

It may be frowned upon by some judges, but it certainly is not penalised. There are no points awarded for this part of the exercise. It is "Q" or "NQ". I don't mind seeing leads pulled, just as long as I see the dog's "willingness" to work for you.

M

l've already started biking my first two, the girls, one of mine is a pint size cocker so the pace is abit fast for her.

l'd really like to do Altona with her but l will do one of the first few in Vic incase she comes into season and misses out towards the end of the season.

I wouldnt mind doing one but I have a feeling that it'd be that'd die not the dogs.. I would like to see Ella the lowcchen get her ET - I think she may be the first in OZ but would have to check - but we have 0 obedience and she needs some serious conditioning.. Den would love it but once again I think he would need alot of conditioning and not to mention I'd need a bike lol and learn how to ride hahahaha!