Endurance Test 2012

I want to do it with Esky.

It's going to be interesting conditioning the difference between racing and et running.

I'm a little bit worried about the willingness test bit though.

Is that something I can get up to scratch in 6 months. She's obedient enough but it's the one bit I'm worried about :o

me too :D wonder if they would accept a stack, an out and back, then a triangle then another stack :rofl:

Im with you there.. Our little lion has never done a day of obedience and Im not a fan of teaching it incase we head back to the show ring LOL.. hehehe can we bribe judges

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should give it a go, smisch - Den would love it - and it won't muck up your lowchen's showing - they're amart dogs and will know the difference. And the willingness test, as Abbiestar said, is just that - and you can talk to your dog. :laugh:

This is on my to do list this year too... It was on last years too, but Annie decided that being in season was better than the ET I had marked out for us!

She could do it tomorrow. Me on the other hand could not :laugh: . Rode my bike last month for the first time in aaaages and ended up with a really sore butt. Probably only did about 10km, so need to work on my endurance. The legs were willing, but my seat wasn't. Might have to invest in one of those gel type seats!

LOL - you need those bike shorts with the gel; pads built in :D

Padded bike shorts are a must. It is worthwhile spending the extra $$$ and getting a good pair of shorts, or 'knicks' as they are known. Visit you local bike shop for advice.

M

Does anyone know when and if there are any in sydney or central coast area.. If so I need to find a bike and get working lol.. Also does anyone have the rules and regs.. if I can Ill run ella in harness cos she'll work alot nicer on it

@Tassie - Den would be great except he has 0 clue how to work on a leash.. we rarely walk and the only time we go on leash is an agility trial lmao and he's a feral lol sounds like its time to learn how to work on a leash..

I've started training Miss Fable for her ET. She is doing really well so far. Just need to work out which one I am going to do with her.

Hi StarLapyz,

you can do one in Sydney at Erskine Park, or one in Canberra at the ACT showgrounds.

M

Does anyone know when and if there are any in sydney or central coast area.. If so I need to find a bike and get working lol.. Also does anyone have the rules and regs.. if I can Ill run ella in harness cos she'll work alot nicer on it

@Tassie - Den would be great except he has 0 clue how to work on a leash.. we rarely walk and the only time we go on leash is an agility trial lmao and he's a feral lol sounds like its time to learn how to work on a leash..

Smisch

EQUIPMENT

(1) The dog must wear a fixed collar or suitable harness. No neck chains, slip collars, spiked

collars, muzzles or head control collars shall be permitted.

(2) The leash must be long enough to be held in either hand so that the dog may adjust itself to the

cyclist or runner. The dog shall travel at a suitable pace on the leash on the left hand side of the

handler or bicycle.

(3) The handler may jog the distance, ride a bicycle or use any other form of non motorised

mechanical vehicle with the dog, provided the required speed is maintained. Motor cycles or

cars will not be permitted. Should the handler ride a bicycle, a helmet must be worn. The

Springer device for attachment to a bicycle is not permitted.

(4) No protective clothing shall be worn by the dog.

Probably a stupid question but are there any ET in Qld? I've looked at Dogs Qld and can't see anything?

There are two ET's in QLD that I know of.

One is in Mackay, the other in Ipswich.

M

Thank you :) Do you happen to know how I could find out the dates or should I phone Dogs Qld? Sorry to be a pain.

Thank you so very much :) This is all so new to me!

ET's being held 2012:

QLD

Mackay 24/6

Tableland 8/7

Nanango/Ipswich 5/8

Nanago 26/8

VIC

HVCV 26/5

Murray Valley 3/6

Dalmatian Club 9/6

East Gippsland 7/7

GSDCV 23/6

SA

GSDCSA 23/6

NSW

Grafton 15/7

DogsNSW (Erskine Park) 12/8

ACT

tba (possibly end July)

There may be more, these are the ones I know of:

Cheers,

M

Hi M & other ET'ers :D havent been here for a while & thought I better touch base,

I think I might have started something in the Obed club I am with, as I have had 2 other members ask me about whats involved in doing ET, they now have decided to do it this year with a GSP & Malamute :laugh: this will be fun as I am putting our Pappy Bitch in , etxra training for me to get her up to pace :laugh:

we are looking at either the Hungarain Vizsla club or Sale, this all rides on our bitch to when she comes into season ( she has been all over the place)

Just as well I have a bike rack that takes 4 bikes & a 4 berth trailer, gunna need them :rofl:

Our other 2 Pappies will start their ET training next year to compete

Cant wait to start training again, as you know M our Melb weather is all over the place :(